PDP Contour Fox Logo Mud Flaps Installed! Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set and I know most people have been using self tapping bolts/screws but I couldn't help but think a toggle or molly with a little blue lock tight would be a more secure option.

Meaning I didn't take apart the fender to see behind it. It is not exposed but suppose you could remove the lining to access it. What's the objective to ensure the screws hold? The self tapers have been holding great.

That's the point of the molly or the toggle, you don't have to thread it on from the inside. You put it through from the front and it expands when tightened giving you a metal nut inside to anchor to.

But yes, my main concern is ensuring the screws hold over time. But if everyone is having great success with the self tappers I should be good. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• molly.jpg
    molly.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 113
D

Deleted member 12951

I did not cut mine so I do have a gap the is further inside. That one screw has come out somewhat when in heavy mud. All the others have never moved. The rear using the factory screws have held rock solid for me.

Seems the mollys would of course leave a bigger hole. I would think with the smaller screws if you removed them, the holes wouldn't be as noticeable. But guess with bigger holes you could find some plastic plugs to cover.

Go ahead and try your idea and report back.

OP
OP
Reptar

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to see my thread is still alive and kicking after approaching 4 years and helping guys out still!

4 year update on my PDP flaps, the blue "FOX" logo doesn't quite pop as much as they used to, you can still read them, but the blue is fading. The black itself still looks perfect. The SS tapers haven't budged a bit. I've had no issues with them in the past 4 years!

About 2 years ago I swapped to Methods, still no issues with the flaps where they were set with the stock rims.

I'll be due for new tires next year, looking at those pics of my truck brand new is making me miss having that fresh rubber on it! lol

nebucks

Reaction score
I bought a set of these for my 2010 . I love the detailed write up on the install. The problem is that none of the pics are showing up. Can anyone help me out with that issue? I am very much a visual learner. Thanks for any help you can give me!