Passenger or Commericial?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im know there has prob been a thousand threads on this topic but being that I know the curb weight is somewhere around 6000 lbs- my question is I was going to go on emtpy with spare tire taken off you think id still break 5500 lbs and if so what else can I remove to bring the weight down. Good ole ny with there stupid frickin rules. I read in a couple places if I get the weigh station receipt and bring it along with me theyll change the weight on the title and I'll have to wait a couple weeks till the new title comes in. Just have to get the weight to 5500 or below. Has anyone on here tried this?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take off the rear tailgate, that has to weight at least 150 lbs. :peace:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you find small wheels and tires from a normal F-150? Each of our's are 100lbs. That's 400 pounds you might be able to replace with 275 or 300?

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is curb weight with a full tank of gas? That's about 200 lbs right there. Spare should be another 100. Tailgate should help. Hell, remove some seats if you just need a weigh station slip.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I remember curb weight is with a full tank so thatll def help. I'm def going to remove the spare and now that you mention it I wonder if newer tacomas have the same 6 lug cuz I can take my girls off hah. My old f150 I got still but its got 35's with 16 inch rims so thats not going to help much. Tailgate is def a good one- at this point ill take out the seats too lol. Has anyone tried this or am I the first one- because I read on some other raptor forum that someone got a ticket from the weigh station and had his title changed. I just dont want to lose the option of driving on the parkways because it cuts my time in half when going upstate.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Man take everything you don't need off. Side steps, spare, tail gate, skid plates, sub, back seats. And like people also said smaller tires. Should work.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man take everything you don't need off. Side steps, spare, tail gate, skid plates, sub, back seats. And like people also said smaller tires. Should work.

Short of that, just stuff as many helium balloons in the cab as possible... Probably help with tire wear as well, but cornering would be a bitch...

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read it on the dmv website- will cost to change title but a weigh station receipt should be sufficient.
lol viper -i might as well attach a hot air ballon to the truck while im at it. Frickin nuts how stupid these state laws are.

Last edited: