Panosunroof - Gen 3 Buyers Ordering with or without

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoy mine on my 2019. Just use it regularly or pop it up first if sitting long and it runs smooth and quiet. I also love the screen when I don’t want sun.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my problem, I don’t use it that much but I miss it when it is not there. So, I am gonna get the extended warranty and get it.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first Raptor was ordered without a panoramic roof but after totaling it, I had to get what was available quickly. The panoramic roof rattles and is rarely used by me. If I were to order a new truck today, I'd order without the panoramic roof, even if it were a free option.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually opt in for the pano but, as my allergies continue to murder me slowly I've realized that I only use it for light.. I'm 50/50

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who knows, you might not have a single issue with yours but here's my experience as someone who knew going into this that other people were having trouble with their 17s at the time . I wanted it so bad that I basically made the decision on the benefits ignoring the signs thinking the odds were in my favor going into an 18.
I loved having the moonroof on my 18 although it got used very little over the years here in SoCal my kids love the view even with just the shade open and I do have a some great memories with it open like that drive thru rave my family and I went thru in 2020 true story and my 5 yr old stood on the console hanging out the roof the whole time or the times where I could just reach up and easily deploy a GoPro. Rainy days with shade open were sweet! fresh breeze blowing my mullet out the back window ,priceless.
However! Definitely! giving up the moonroof on my next Raptor just to avoid the issues I dealt with over the last 3 1/2 years. I even spent time meticulously cleaning and lubing as I saw others recommending online after the issues began.
Numerous visits to the dealership ,weeks spent in rental cars yet they can only do so much . They even replaced the entire thing one time to remedy a rattle that I absolutely hounded them on when I 1st got the truck. picture this ,driving around with the service manager on board ,did you hear that? No ..how bout that? ooh heard it right there, I think yeah.. of course trying to produce the rattle on demand was very difficult. but yeah no problem we will fix that.
Nope still rattles.. and they will rip everything apart trying to find it and they will never put everything back correctly.
I gave up on it. 2 dealerships have had it for weeks at a time always giving it back "fixed". Last week it would try to close and just kept re-opening refusing to close.
My moonroof has been.. stuck open ,stuck closed, replaced rails twice, uneven glass panels on outside 1/4 difference that they adjusted yet still uneven, thumps pops and cracking noises when opening and the glass is always dirty with water stains from the sun baking em on. I wanna have it but not on this truck again.
No on my next Raptor, sorry kids
Who knows , maybe your truck will be fine. but its a sacrifice either way you choose to go.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand these threads. If you want a sunroof, get one...and if you don't want a sunroof, don't get one. Why would anyone else's opinion matter?

Oh, and unless you're gonna order a truck, they're all gonna have sunroofs.