Panosunroof - Gen 3 Buyers Ordering with or without

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on my 2019 and I like opening the shade, but I rarely open the sunroof itself. Plus, some plastic tabs broke on it when I did open it all the way and I had to take the truck in to get fixed and now the shade makes a grunting noise opening and closing plus I'm afraid to open the roof now. haha.

That headache aside, it is nice to have, so I'd be 50/50 on ordering it when getting a Gen 3.

Just___Rel

Reaction score
I was just trolled heavily the other day for even talking about the sunroof.........

Almost every vehicle I have owned had Pano Roof and I Opened and closed the hell out of it. Some leaked, some didn't, all covered under warranty!

I light of that, IM STILL GETTING THE PANO ROOF.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the pano, but would have ordered without. I had a sunroof on my 2007. I used it quite a bit (flipped up with back window open for circulation mostly) and it broke in 2014. There was no "fix" for it and I had to pay $1200 to get it replaced. Well, it broke again in 2017. I argued up and down with Ford about this being an ongoing issue that is "documented" on the internet. The response was "if enough people report it, there may be a recall".

Anyway, I like having it, but not enough to have the worry of it breaking. Plus, I offroad regularly and I am concerned about what all the shaking will do to it over time.

Having the Pano on this truck was a contributing factor for getting the 100,000 mile warrantee.

Fish144

Reaction score
I am considering the 100k warranty. About how much is it?
First post for me as I just browse for info. From what I have read and what I intend to look at for my extended warranty is through Flood Ford. I have regularly read they have best price and are honored by all Ford dealers. Someone else can chime in on that if incorrect because I need that info too. I think last I looked you could do years and mileage you wanted which was good for me because my 11 F150 only has 48k on it so I don’t need high mileage but more length. Future code orange owner though haha. And sunroof for sure. Rather have it and not use then wish I had it.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of sunroofs that broke on my truck leaked, until they wouldn't close. The defect was in the use of plastic parts, which broke on both.

I need to be sure that I properly maintain this one. I never did any lubing on those that broke.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really care for it, but the kids love it.

But at $7,645 cost to add to my build, easy pass.