Panosunroof - Gen 3 Buyers Ordering with or without

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 5% tint on my sunroof to keep as much sun out as possible (in addition to 5% on all my windows) and I never even open the damn shade.

I despise sunroofs, I’m a vampire when I drive, as little light coming in as possible, and AC on vs open windows.

If I’m going to order a truck (bought mine from dealer stock), I’d get every single option minus the sunroof.

BSheppard

Reaction score
Have it on my 2019 and would order it again. No issues and I love the open feeling and light it lets in the cabin.

windows down and sunroof open often this time of year. I think I would miss it on the really nice days.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to say No because of issues people have had, but I use it honestly pretty much every single day even if it's just for a little. I'm the kinda guy when it's nice I open every single window on the truck to let the cool air through the cab.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm ordering it without.

I didn't have any issues with them in my 2015 F150, nor my 2017 F250. But, I never used them either.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have it on my 2019 and would order it again. No issues and I love the open feeling and light it lets in the cabin.

windows down and sunroof open often this time of year. I think I would miss it on the really nice days.
Same here, I had zero issues with the pano on my 2019. Can’t beat having the roof open on a beautiful summer day.

I am getting it on my gen 3 as well.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2018 w/ pano & used it quite a bit- BUT I was skeptical of it from the get-go when I took delivery & the salesman showed me the trucks features etc he opened the pano roof w/ the “one touch” button that automatically drops it & retracts it 2/3 - well I heard a big pop from the roof panels being stuck together after sitting for so long- wound up looking up info on this forum after that realized they were cheap/had issues & made it a point to clean it & lube w/ the krytox stuff every 4-6 months. I put 36k on it, got totaled, then wound up getting a 2020 screw w/o the roof

at the end of the day I prefer having a sunroof in my vehicles, but the one in the Ford F-150 isn’t one that inspires a lot of confidence to me in terms of aging gracefully & being a non-issue, in the very least if you have it you should do the maintenance I mentioned, but I’d prefer not to have to F w/ it period over having it

the solid roof saves weight & also would fare better overall in real offroad conditions, esp if jumping and/or in real dusty/dirty fonditions

Maybe the gen3 has changed it? Def a weak spot of the F150 in general- the roofs are known to finicky for a reason. And 100% Gods honest truth - when I picked up my new 2020 Raptor in back of dealer after prep they were right in the middle of running a hose over a new limited F150 trying to track down a leak- that truck had the pano roof.

I told the tech “glad I got one w/o roof this time” he was like - yeah we do see some issues w/ em

Like I said tho- maybe it’s different, haven’t checked out the new F150 myself yet

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Arizona and the sun beats down hard so no thanks. I have a convertible for the mornings and evenings. During the dead of winter it might get some use is all.