Painting skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't ever need to touch up line-x. If you hit something big enough to chip that up, you've got other problems to fix too lol. Touched up paint looks like crap with little dots of touchup where all the dots of chips are. And plastidip will get old peeling off and repainting every couple months to keep it looking perfect like line-x would look.

Great point...I would be getting a new skid anyway right...

Another $75 spent...

Fred

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yup plasti-dip is a rattle can of rubberized paint. just unlike regular spray paint, you can peel it off

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my skid plate linex'd...think it was about $75. They wouldn't do the silver part of the bumper though because they said they could not guarantee a clean tape line and did not wanna take the chance....still kinda wish I would have done it.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my skid plate linex'd...think it was about $75. They wouldn't do the silver part of the bumper though because they said they could not guarantee a clean tape line and did not wanna take the chance....still kinda wish I would have done it.

Thanks. I believe LineX is the direction ill take. If they don't want to do the silver part , I'll platidip it.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I believe LineX is the direction ill take. If they don't want to do the silver part , I'll platidip it.

Think about the Avery matte black vinyl wrap...looking to wrap mine soon...

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can u line x in silver to match the bumper piece? What is the closest silver color to match? Got a black skid and want to paint it silver.

Banned
Reaction score
Can u line x in silver to match the bumper piece? What is the closest silver color to match? Got a black skid and want to paint it silver.

Line-X can be color matched, so you should be able to get it done the exact same color. or close enough that you wont be able to tell a different anyways

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine off and sprayed it flat black. looks good and is holding up. I went cheap because im gonna replace it with an aftermarket skid plate so it was just a temporary thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2