Paint peaking under A pillar trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnuf78

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2014 Race Red Raptor and noticed that you can see the red painted metal underneath the edge of both A pillars? Is this normal fit and finish on the Raptors? I had two Tundra's previous to this truck and the fit and finish on both were perfect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 88

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at my 2013 and it is showing a little on the left a pillar, but not as bad as the picture. The right a pillar doesn't have any showing.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed many sloppy parts, mismatching colors, and basically overall poor cosmetic quality with my new 2014 Raptor. Seems standard for Ford, however i must add that i have had many other vehicles and never had so many little issues like this Raptor. My current overall thoughts are that Ford must put much more emphasis on its mechanical and ride comforts than anything else! I wish that Ford had better quality control, they would have a perfected truck!

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpg
    IMG_3007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 80

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2014 Race Red Raptor and noticed that you can see the red painted metal underneath the edge of both A pillars? Is this normal fit and finish on the Raptors? I had two Tundra's previous to this truck and the fit and finish on both were perfect.

I'd suggest bringing this up to your dealer, Johnuf78; I'm sure they'll want to check this out. Come back and let us know what you hear from them. I'll stop by this thread to see if you have any updates.

Crystal

OP
OP
J

Johnuf78

Reaction score
I've been out of town but I need to take it back to the dealer next Friday to install the tonneau cover and bed extender so I'll have them look at it then. I asked my friend to check out his FX4 and he said he had the same issue. His is white so he said he never really noticed it until I told him about mine. I told him it's because he's had GM's and Fords mostly so he doesn't know any better ;) and when you've owned mostly Toyota's, Acura's, Lexus, and Mercedes you take good build quality as normal. :)