Pads and Rotors Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e=mc²
a2 – b2 = (a – b)(a + b)
(a + b)3 = a3 + 3a2b + 3ab2 + b3 ; (a + b)3 = a3 + b3 + 3ab(a + b)
y = mx + b
ax^2 + bx + c = 0
5x^6 + 3x^2 + 11 = 0
v = ∆~x
∆t = d~x
dt = ~˙x
net = m~a = d~p
dt
C = [(x1 + x2 + x3)/ 3, (y1 + y2 + y3)/ 3]
dMr = 4 π r2 ρ(r) dr

you all got it wrong. i figured it out for you. jeez. it was cakewalk

I got you, Power-stop Z36 brake kit is awesome!!!!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So right I am, you just want sell stuff. I agree with your condition for improved performance but it was not the issue. The issue was all things being equal and just changing pads. Does that reduce stopping distance. No it does not. The abs will dictate based on available traction. Traction will dictate that on any system. If you take your system and swap out pads, not much will change as far as stopping distance.
I am sure there are ways to improve different performance parameters. Such as brake feel, less fade , wear etc…. If you make the abs faster or improve caliper performance you could gain because the system would be adjusting quicker, does not release as much, finer adjustments etc, but it would do that with different pads. Might have to push harder on the pedal to get the same level, but the system would respond the same.
Please explain how you are going to get more traction.
I wipe out rotors hauling as s down Wolf Creek pass every year. Would love to find a system that would correct that. Cooling is what I need, I read where these systems remove the rotor shroud, that would help but with all the mud I drive in, not sure that is wise.
First, I don't have a business to sell anything.

Second, why do lay people believe that an OE ABS system applying and RELEASING brake pressure was ever intended much less is the most efficient way to stop a vehicle in a straight line? Again, ABS is for the lay person to maintain control, or be able to maneuver WHILE in a panic stop and needing/wanting to turn.

CVP33

Reaction score
Explain how Z06’s same tires, same weight, same speed stop 7 feet shorter from 70mph. You’re all assuming brakes are fully locked and thus they are out of the equation leaving only rubber to stop the vehicle. Maybe in the 90’s, but not today. That’s not how braking systems work and that’s why racing calipers, pads and rotors can and do shorten stopping distances. Every racer knows that. Truck drivers may not, but racers know.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Explain how Z06’s same tires, same weight, same speed stop 7 feet shorter from 70mph. You’re all assuming brakes are fully locked and thus they are out of the equation leaving only rubber to stop the vehicle. Maybe in the 90’s, but not today. That’s not how braking systems work and that’s why racing calipers, pads and rotors can and do shorten stopping distances. Every racer knows that. Truck drivers may not, but racers know.
Agree, you are improving the whole “system”.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, I don't have a business to sell anything.

Second, why do lay people believe that an OE ABS system applying and RELEASING brake pressure was ever intended much less is the most efficient way to stop a vehicle in a straight line? Again, ABS is for the lay person to maintain control, or be able to maneuver WHILE in a panic stop and needing/wanting to turn.
Because that’s what we were comparing. A Factory braking system and changing pads only.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s some homework. Look up the stopping distance for a C7 Z06 with the performance iron brakes, then look up the stopping distance for the same C7 Z06 with Carbon Ceramic brakes. Same weight of the vehicles, same suspension, same tires……different brakes. Let me know what you find out and then ask me how I knew that.
I may have my C7 packages (or they may have changes through the years) wrong, but didn't the Carbon brakes only come on the Z07 package which also included pilot sport cup 2 tires. The iron brake non-Z07 Z06s came with pilot super sports. If there is any tire difference like that going on I'm surprised its not more than 7 feet.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as a former rally and drifter, i agree that pads alone dont do hardly anything. a complete upgrade kit will. i have had all 4 rotors in the raptor glowing orange rallying up and down mountain roads in the rockies. when both my oem rotors and aftermarket rotors got to that point, there really was no difference in stopping..... er attempting to stop. i had nothing there. i rolled through the same stop sign several times with my foot mashed to the floor. the crossed and slotted rotos did cool down quicker, but at temp, had no difference

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Z06 has lots of little tweaks to get the most performance out of Vette. In the latest Vette it is over $50k bump, it is supposed to be a track monster. Right in the main text for differences, says larger tires and brakes with more HP and better aerodynamics. Wonder if any of those change braking distance, more than said pads on the z06 you reference?

Last edited:

CVP33

Reaction score
Z06 has lots of little tweaks to get the most performance out of Vette. In the latest Vette it is over $50k bump, it is supposed to be a track monster. Right in the main text for differences, says larger tires and brakes with more HP and better aerodynamics. Wonder if any of those change braking distance, more than said pads on the z06 you reference?
Heat tolerance, pad material (friction coefficient), pad size to distribute heat and clamping force. Here’s my G-Loc racing pads vs. stock brembos on my ZL1 1LE. Guess which pads stopped shorter? Same car, same tires, same rotors, same calipers.

Attachments

• IMG_5590.jpeg
    IMG_5590.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5589.jpeg
    IMG_5589.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8174.jpeg
    IMG_8174.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 5