Pads and Rotors Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CVP33

Reaction score

CVP33

Reaction score
Also those claiming to have used their brakes to the point of glowing red or to know the difference in performance brakes - it doesn’t sound like you’ve even tried a set of racing pads. If you’ve had you’d know. And sorry Time Attack or Rally cars running parking lot coned courses will NEVER tax a performance cars brake system to the limit.

Try running VIR and stopping from 165mph to 60mph back straight and 160mph to 40mph front straight for 30 minutes in a 3,500 pound street car. Then you’d be running Castrol SRF so you don’t boil your fluid AND you’d run a high friction/high heat pad to eliminate brake fade. It’s likely that they don’t come in stock Ford OEM sizes so you may never know the difference that truly good brake pads can make.

If you run at VIR with an Instructor and you have stock pads and OEM brake fluid, you will be in the Green (Granny) group all day and they will never move you up due to the danger you represent to yourself and others.

BE SAFE OUT THERE FELLAS

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude, get over yourself. Geez whiz!
Nobody is discrediting a system that improves braking. If you would have read the posts, you would see it was only about a pad change on a stock unit.

CVP33

Reaction score
Dude, get over yourself. Geez whiz!
Nobody is discrediting a system that improves braking. If you would have read the posts, you would see it was only about a pad change on a stock unit.
I agree with you. Look at these idiots from Off Road Extreme testing brake pads and trying to claim they stopped shorter just by changing brake pads. Bunch of baloney if ya’ ask me.

I‘m with you beaded seat covers, err I mean @New recaros the World is Flat….l just know it!

‘Murica!!!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
O my, this is such a bad test, worn out factory brakes vs newly installed fresh brakes and rotor service.
You’re traveling at 88 feet per second and some knuckle dragger thinks he can apply the brakes in the exact same spot.
Both the videos are not scientifically sound as they require human action and judgement.
I know, it’s on the internet, it must be true.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CVP33

Reaction score
O my, this is such a bad test, worn out factory brakes vs newly installed fresh brakes and rotor service.
You’re traveling at 88 feet per second and some knuckle dragger thinks he can apply the brakes in the exact same spot.
Both the videos are not scientifically sound as they require human action and judgement.
I know, it’s on the internet, it must be true.
Wait a minute….they could still lock up the brakes…..I thought that didn’t matter…..it’s just the tires remember………just the tars new Rico.

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
Sounds like GM snake oil to me
While gm is horrible in many regards, brakes are generally one of their better areas. AC delco makes parts for nearly all manufactures. Akebono is a supplier for most Japanese manufacturers. My factory brakes were horrible after 30k, no reason to stick with ford in that regard for a factory replacement setup.

Source: work in OEM supply chain. Their is no blind "best", its all relative.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While gm is horrible in many regards, brakes are generally one of their better areas. AC delco makes parts for nearly all manufactures. Akebono is a supplier for most Japanese manufacturers. My factory brakes were horrible after 30k, no reason to stick with ford in that regard for a factory replacement setup.

Source: work in OEM supply chain. Their is no blind "best", its all relative.
Yeah I know all that was just ribbing ya b/c I know it’s 100% a GM OEM affiliate, & I used to handle akebono’s scrap generation for N. America, they have good quality control that’s the best you can ask for.

I’m surprised your brakes didn’t hold up well I’m now @ 65k miles & besides a shimmy on light braking @ highway speed they still work well & I drive pretty hard & tow couple jetskis or a utility trailer every so often

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than fuel economy, brakes are next in line for YMMV. Some people use brakes in the mountains, some use more gears. Some tow a trailer without brakes, some turn the gain way up. City/HWY, the variables go on and on.