Pads and Rotors Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptortrav001

Reaction score
Ok, I need to replace front and rear pads and rotors and I’m not looking to go big with a set of Alcons. I’m looking for real world experience with stock replacement aftermarket set ups. I’ve had good results with EBC in the past but that vehicle is an overland rig. is ready…go!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the powerstop Z36 and they are great for the price - $500 vs. several thousand for Alcons.
I’ve used this kit on previous trucks & always had good luck & seemed to get more miles out of them than OEM

That being said….somehow I’m @ 62k miles on my 2020 & still have meat on the brakes, I do get a lil shimmy when lightly braking from high speed (70-90) but otherwise they work fine

How many miles people typically getting out of them?

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles people typically getting out of them?

My OEM pads were down to the metal at 45K, but I had 12+ offroad events on them too. Not surprised if you are doing mostly highway or no offroading they could last a long time.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

LeadFootSFL

Reaction score
I've been really happy with the ford police package brakes.
Thanks for the recomendation. I did a little research and found that these are called Motorcraft heavy duty brake pads, for the rear on 17-18's with mechanical parking brake it is PN BRSD1602. You can pick them up on Amazon for significantly cheaper than my local stealership.