GEN 2 Paddle Shifter Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdgros01

Reaction score
I noticed that on my rh paddle shifter almost feels loose and when engaging it makes an audible noise and feels different than the lh downshift paddle which is silent and a has a very smooth clean tactile feel. Are the paddles able to tightened before I kill the power and pop the airbag out I figured I’d ask if anyone has had this issue or if anyone knows anything about it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's normal. It's an auditable/ tactile feel for when you are driving and the wheel is not centered. My AMG GT and old Alfa Romeo 4C did the same thing as well. Most performance cars that have paddle shifters do it.

My 18 did it and my 19 does it.

OP
OP
sdgros01

sdgros01

Reaction score
That's normal. It's an auditable/ tactile feel for when you are driving and the wheel is not centered. My AMG GT and old Alfa Romeo 4C did the same thing as well. Most performance cars that have paddle shifters do it.

My 18 did it and my 19 does it.
The lh is normal with said sound and feel. The Rh there is a noticeable clunk/click. My 2019 raptor is perfect both LH and RH. The LH side on this raptor wheel is just like my 2019 but the Rh side has a noticeable wobble at the upper portion where the plus sign is and makes a loud click clunk when engaging. Since it was a brand new ford oem part I just issued request for warranty, just was trying to save some time and effort because they are on back order at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of my paddles are smooth/no noise. I don't think they are supposed to be different. You may want to get that checked.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem right.

Nice Rolex.