2022 Shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danlwells

Reaction score
I just traded my 2017 in for a new 2022. First thing I notice is that you have to use the paddle shifters to upshift and downshift. The manual says you can change gears by using the + and - buttons on the shifter but there is no switch on my shifter. I called the dealer and after doing some research they called me back and said this shifter switch does not come on the 2022 raptors. I am beyond unsatisfied as I used the switch on the shifter to downshift all the time instead of only using my brakes to slow down. I’ve seen videos with the +/- button on other 2022 F150s. Is it possible to swap out my shifter for one that has the +/- button? I don’t like using the paddle shifters at all as I almost constantly have my right hand on the shifter when driving. Interested to hear if anyone else found this to be disappointin.

OP
OP
Danlwells

Danlwells

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for your grand wisdom. You were so much help. Move along if you don’t anything productive to say

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I noticed that too between my 2020 and my 2022. I think maybe it's Ford safety pushing us to keep two hands on the wheel and eventually move away from any type of stick shift going to electronic dial same as their other models. I also noticed, I used to be able to see what gear I was in all the time with one touch of the paddle that toggled the visual on or off. Now I don't see it in Normal mode. Have't figured that out yet.

And of course, they eliminated the bench seat so you can't keep one arm around your honey.

OP
OP
Danlwells

Danlwells

Reaction score
Yep. I liked being able to see what gear I was in At all times too. I’m really not liking not being able to switch gears on the shifter. I’ll be looking for an option for this. Makes no sense to me to get rid of it.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The non Raptor has the buttons so i doubt it’s a “safety” feature. Could swap the shifter but not sure if the wiring is there. May want to verify that before hand if you don’t want to run wires.