P219B after sparkplug change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you monitor the o2's ? Since you have 2 spark plugs per cylinder , if one of them is dead and not firing, that could be your culprit . Cylinder is still firing off the working plug . Coil possible not firing plug either top or side of engine . with out a misfire hard to pin point what cylinder . If it did'nt do it before the plug change and did it after , that points to something. At least on bank 2
Yeah I was just thinking this aswell.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the elbow on the Roush supercharger. A lot of people do not get the back bolt tight when changing the rear plugs and you get an air leak causing a code.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the canister purge valve. My 2012 was giving me a weird idle when coming to a stop AND every time I’d fill the truck past full with fuel, the engine would idle rough and stall out 2-3 times before finally starting and driving correctly. I swapped the purge valve and all problems went away. I didn’t get a CEL but my buddy who works for Ford told me to start there. Cheap fix, hope it clears things up for you.

OP
OP
B

bryanroth21

Reaction score
I second the canister purge valve. My 2012 was giving me a weird idle when coming to a stop AND every time I’d fill the truck past full with fuel, the engine would idle rough and stall out 2-3 times before finally starting and driving correctly. I swapped the purge valve and all problems went away. I didn’t get a CEL but my buddy who works for Ford told me to start there. Cheap fix, hope it clears things up for you.
was it this thing 1661354982558.png if so i did replace it and that didnt fix it for me, still chasing this gremlin.

DrewSch

Reaction score
was it this thing View attachment 368959 if so i did replace it and that didnt fix it for me, still chasing this gremlin.
@bryanroth21, Yep I replaced that on my '11 with no change. Used the updated Motorcraft part from RockAuto. Still have the code as well; Also cleaned my MAF and air filter with no change. I've yet to check the intake elbow but will once I have some free time. Let me know if you come across anything on yours.

OP
OP
B

bryanroth21

Reaction score
I will let you know if I find anything, sounds like we have done the same stuff, glad I am not alone but sad someone else is experiencing this as it seems like its very hard to diagnose. but hopefully end is in sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter