P219B after sparkplug change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you monitor the o2's ? Since you have 2 spark plugs per cylinder , if one of them is dead and not firing, that could be your culprit . Cylinder is still firing off the working plug . Coil possible not firing plug either top or side of engine . with out a misfire hard to pin point what cylinder . If it did'nt do it before the plug change and did it after , that points to something. At least on bank 2
Yeah I was just thinking this aswell.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the elbow on the Roush supercharger. A lot of people do not get the back bolt tight when changing the rear plugs and you get an air leak causing a code.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the canister purge valve. My 2012 was giving me a weird idle when coming to a stop AND every time I’d fill the truck past full with fuel, the engine would idle rough and stall out 2-3 times before finally starting and driving correctly. I swapped the purge valve and all problems went away. I didn’t get a CEL but my buddy who works for Ford told me to start there. Cheap fix, hope it clears things up for you.

OP
OP
B

bryanroth21

Reaction score
I second the canister purge valve. My 2012 was giving me a weird idle when coming to a stop AND every time I’d fill the truck past full with fuel, the engine would idle rough and stall out 2-3 times before finally starting and driving correctly. I swapped the purge valve and all problems went away. I didn’t get a CEL but my buddy who works for Ford told me to start there. Cheap fix, hope it clears things up for you.
was it this thing 1661354982558.png if so i did replace it and that didnt fix it for me, still chasing this gremlin.

DrewSch

Reaction score
was it this thing View attachment 368959 if so i did replace it and that didnt fix it for me, still chasing this gremlin.
@bryanroth21, Yep I replaced that on my '11 with no change. Used the updated Motorcraft part from RockAuto. Still have the code as well; Also cleaned my MAF and air filter with no change. I've yet to check the intake elbow but will once I have some free time. Let me know if you come across anything on yours.

OP
OP
B

bryanroth21

Reaction score
I will let you know if I find anything, sounds like we have done the same stuff, glad I am not alone but sad someone else is experiencing this as it seems like its very hard to diagnose. but hopefully end is in sight.