Overhead Gun Mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that speed bumps or perhaps even mild off-roading would dislodge the magazines. Spirited off-roading might dislodge the rifle. Use the safety.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These overhead mounts are awesome. However, besides having weapons falling from the sky, I would be worried that someone might get to them before I could. Or worst, someone might see them out in the open, and decide to break in to steal the weapons and anything else I may have. Just my 2c.

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The unit I linked to has a locking system and you can add in a remote release system that you press a button and within a couple seconds its you have it in your hands. But they are pricey and designed for Law Enforcement.

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, the trunk gun fits nicely behind the rear seat. I've got cords attached to the seat release mechanisms, so it's easy to drop the seat backs.

20140727_223655.jpg

Oh and the seat back latches fine with the rifle there and the seat bottom folds up without any added resistance.

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you show how you tied off the cords to the lock mechanism and where you attached the net? I just moved my seat back and fit my rifle back their, just trying to figure out how to mount it now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I just wouldn't do a above head rifle mount. That is just displaying your weapon for everyone to see. I keep my pistol in the center console in a holster. I don't see the advantages of having a rifle mounted above your head.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk