Overhead Gun Mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

subseashooter

Reaction score
Tuffy lock box...

This was the first thing that I thought of, but then I remembered that overhead rack, and hell, I'd build a stainless AR just for the sexy factor, to show off on the ceiling! LOL!! If I need an AR, and I need to get to it quick, then Darwin will have probably already acted and my Spidey senses would have failed me, and I'd be near my doom.

I think that for a long gun - shotgun or rifle - underseat storage is totally acceptable....especially if you have a 1911 other CCW on your person.

Like I said....the pistol keeps me alive until I can get to my rifle. :mwah1:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tuffy lock box...

Is that in a SCAB? If so I may look into that, would help to keep my everyday gear (small toolkit, tie downs, flairs, etc) much neater under the seat, it has the habit of spilling out most of the time at the moment.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that in a SCAB? If so I may look into that, would help to keep my everyday gear (small toolkit, tie downs, flairs, etc) much neater under the seat, it has the habit of spilling out most of the time at the moment.

Yes sir, that's a SCAB. Installation is easy, and the factory jack mounting hardware works perfectly inside the box.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to find the one that I saw on Facebook. It locked in place across the headboard and was easy to remove. They were going to test it going over some decent trails to see how well it held up.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Ford PI Utility Pro-clamp Roof Mount, Gun Rack | Pro-gard Products, LLC

Think this was the one, would need the switch installed to disable the side air bags

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like the long way around. To each his own, but I would not do that. In fact, I suspect that you will come to regret it.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My problem is that the kicker sub takes up a little more space than the stock sony and now a tuff box will not fit. I hate having a pelican or soft case in the back. Want something that is bolted to the truck and locked so no braking the window and walking away with it

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if you can fit it behind the driver side rear seat? Obviously not the most accessible but I think you might be able to get a more permanent and secure mounting spot towards the bottom. I haven't measured yet but a quick glance looks like the spot should clear an AR if you aren't running anything at the 3 or 9. Also have a sub keeping me from using one of the boxes under the seat so need to figure something out too.

Might also look at one of the setups that holds them behind the front seats for when you need it a little closer.