Overhead Gun Mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

subseashooter

Reaction score
AR-15s are an EXCELLENT solution to dog packs/coyotes in a cattle pasture!! :) Effective out to 300 yards with mild optics, and plenty of follow up shots if you need them.

Excellent utility weapon.

I really don't want to be within decent pistol range with an angry (and hungry) mamma dog that is trying to pick off a calf.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you guys come up with please post up pics . And I miss the back window gun rack days too. To many thieving scumbags out there today to do it anymore

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An AR15 To defend you're self

You wanna make swiss cheese of the A-hole??

A well aimed pistol shot would be defense enough right ??

Or are you planning on taking out bears and Buffalo?

A pistol is just a tool to get me to my AR, 90% of the time my LMT AR is riding in the back seat. why? because I understand the limitations of a pistol.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A pistol is just a tool to get me to my AR, 90% of the time my LMT AR is riding in the back seat. why? because I understand the limitations of a pistol.

Might be my socialstic up bringing

I understand the secure feeling you get from an rifle at you're side
Or a 12gauge. But please explain me why

For hunting i do understand it completely. Just not as a human protection factor
Are you guys touring and cruising the hood to shoot criminele in the face

Wait you can't answer that last one. That would look messed up in court

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be my socialstic up bringing

I understand the secure feeling you get from an rifle at you're side
Or a 12gauge. But please explain me why

For hunting i do understand it completely. Just not as a human protection factor
Are you guys touring and cruising the hood to shoot criminele in the face

Wait you can't answer that last one. That would look messed up in court

Many of the places i'm at when i'm driving the truck are pretty rural, no local police assistance for probably 15-25 mins if that. If something bad were to happen with multiple attackers I do not feel the pistol is my best option to defend myself and my family. 95% of the time a pistol is probably enough to take care of anything that comes up, but since I have room in the truck under the seat why not? its not my only AR so it can stay there.

let me ask you this if your home and u want to defend yourself and family and u have an AR or a pistol what do you grab? For me my vehicles are an extension of my home, they usually are carrying very precious cargo (my son) and will be defended to the most of my ability.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many of the places i'm at when i'm driving the truck are pretty rural, no local police assistance for probably 15-25 mins if that. If something bad were to happen with multiple attackers I do not feel the pistol is my best option to defend myself and my family. 95% of the time a pistol is probably enough to take care of anything that comes up, but since I have room in the truck under the seat why not? its not my only AR so it can stay there.

let me ask you this if your home and u want to defend yourself and family and u have an AR or a pistol what do you grab? For me my vehicles are an extension of my home, they usually are carrying very precious cargo (my son) and will be defended to the most of my ability.

Haven't tought of it like that
I agree completly

If you are allowed, i would do it exactly the same.

Personaly i like the desert eagle and a 1911 as pistols
And an AR i could use for hunting and security

Back on topic
What about on top of the dashboard ??

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen the ones on the overhead of F250/F350, I just don't know if they would work with the F150. The cap is taller in the super duty trucks. I would have no problem with it being over head as I am damn near a midget at 5'4" but taller people would have to worry about smacking there head esp off road.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one of the main reasons I surf FRF so much is JB's posts! This **** should be on the FRF payroll. I love the crazy *** stories and ****** wit.

Oh dear, don't encourage the boy! ;)

My solution is a Tuffy locking security box mounted under the rear seat. Yes, it's slow to get to.

Last edited: