Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BeadLocker

Reaction score
I’ve not taken it in yet. The earliest the dealer could get me in is June 15. Meanwhile I keep stewing on this issue. I’ve checked all my grounds again that I can see. I haven’t removed the ceiling liner to inspect above it but I can’t imagine it wearing out or shorting out. Maybe it’s the BCM. I just don’t know how that is wired up or what the complications might be. Weird thing is power illuminates my tester when I tested each and every fuse on the bcm. So if I have power coming from the bcm out to the wire harness, based on my limited experience as an intermediate beginner car wiring electrician, I keep coming back to thinking about a bad ground. All the wires to all the accessories on that harness have home runs to the bcm. BUT, If all the accessories on that wire harness share a common ground maybe that common ground has come loose somewhere. I just can’t find it… Frustrating problem.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have ForScan to pull DTCs from the BCM? You may want to check Ground G303, it is used for many of the components you mentioned are inoperable.

Attachments

• ADE771D2-25B5-48DD-8764-A2B4425816A7.jpeg
    ADE771D2-25B5-48DD-8764-A2B4425816A7.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 14

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have ForScan to pull DTCs from the BCM? You may want to check Ground G303, it is used for many of the components you mentioned are inoperable.
That was the ground I checked. Didn't have any effect. I was actually able to find a dealer about an hour from me that would fit me in tomorrow. I'm getting there 7am so I'll update with what they say.

OP
OP
B

BeadLocker

Reaction score
As a last ditch effort before I took the truck in next week, I decided to try forscan with my laptop. I found my cable and connected to OBD2. I had used my Cobb access port tool to clear the codes the first time. When Forscan booted up and initialized my dome lights miraculously and suddenly came on. No codes read. All those accessories that weren’t working suddenly have power again. I restarted the truck several times and the problem has resolved. Looks like It wasn’t a ground or wiring problem after all. Crazy glitch. Glad it’s resolved.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a last ditch effort before I took the truck in next week, I decided to try forscan with my laptop. I found my cable and connected to OBD2. I had used my Cobb access port tool to clear the codes the first time. When Forscan booted up and initialized my dome lights miraculously and suddenly came on. No codes read. All those accessories that weren’t working suddenly have power again. I restarted the truck several times and the problem has resolved. Looks like It wasn’t a ground or wiring problem after all. Crazy glitch. Glad it’s resolved.
Well mine is still sitting at the dealer lol.. I showed up and explained the problem once again and the service rep was convinced I had hit a switch and it was something simple. I politely said if that's the case how come my sunroof doesn't work either and how come a fault code shows up in forscan? She still went out and messed with it for a few minutes.

I called today and apparently it has stumped the tech that was assigned to it so she's waiting for another one to look at it. I guess since its just warranty work its not a big priority for them.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update this thread: The dealer thinks its the BCM and ordered a new one. Apparently its gonna take a week to get there... They've had it 2 weeks already. Pretty frustrated. Especially since they wouldn't give me a loaner/demo because it was a "minor service".

OP
OP
B

BeadLocker

Reaction score
The dealers always take forever. Let me know if that fixes it. My lights randomly went out one more time but after turning the vehicle on and off again it reset. Hasn’t happened for a over a week. Drove the truck a lot. We will see. Maybe my bcm is going out too.

country0525

Reaction score
Just to update this thread: The dealer thinks its the BCM and ordered a new one. Apparently its gonna take a week to get there... They've had it 2 weeks already. Pretty frustrated. Especially since they wouldn't give me a loaner/demo because it was a "minor service".

country0525

Reaction score
Did you ever get anywhere on this repair ?