GEN 2 Need help - General electrical problem/ interior lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogueStoge28

Reaction score

Everything was functioning when I took the video but obviously something was wrong with all the flickering. Went to drive the next night and none of the map lights came on when I opened the door and buttons don’t work (front or rear), buttons controlling moon roof also don’t work but the rear sliding window and aux switches still work/ light up. Anyone ran into this before or have ideas to fix?

Autozone tested the battery and said it was fine, my plan now is to maybe just replace it anyways and check all the fuses and grounds but open to suggestions. Truck is a 2018 802a with 88k miles and no warranty, really don’t want to take it to the dealer and pay an arm & leg and not have my truck for 1-2 weeks.

Update: Amateur attempt with a Klein probe, the green circled wires/ harnesses appear to have power and the red I could not get a reading on. Potentially bad wiring maybe or would this be a bad bcm?

Attachments

• 7BDF8C4A-4407-401E-B900-9469316E599B.jpeg
    7BDF8C4A-4407-401E-B900-9469316E599B.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Everything was functioning when I took the video but obviously something was wrong with all the flickering. Went to drive the next night and none of the map lights came on when I opened the door and buttons don’t work (front or rear), buttons controlling moon roof also don’t work but the rear sliding window and aux switches still work/ light up. Anyone ran into this before or have ideas to fix?

Autozone tested the battery and said it was fine, my plan now is to maybe just replace it anyways and check all the fuses and grounds but open to suggestions. Truck is a 2018 802a with 88k miles and no warranty, really don’t want to take it to the dealer and pay an arm & leg and not have my truck for 1-2 weeks.
I wouldn't replace the battery until you've checked the fuses.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
R

RogueStoge28

Reaction score
You may have to buckle up for this one. Yes, start with the basics - battery, fuses, the ground behind the rear seat, checking Forscan - but I had the same problem back in May and it ended up being the BCM.

If it does turn out to be your BCM, consider yourself lucky if your dealer only has it for 2 weeks.

Here's my write-up. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/need-help-dealer-has-had-truck-for-almost-2-months-still-can’t-figure-out-problem.93009/

Amateur attempt with a Klein probe, the green circled wires/ harnesses appear to have power and the red I could not get a reading on. Potentially bad wiring maybe or would this be a bad bcm?

Attachments

• DFE9A616-41A5-4748-AF14-A2DB614A431D.jpeg
    DFE9A616-41A5-4748-AF14-A2DB614A431D.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 4

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amateur attempt with a Klein probe, the green circled wires/ harnesses appear to have power and the red I could not get a reading on. Potentially bad wiring maybe or would this be a bad bcm?
Not all wires are supposed to have power. Some are communication circuits, some are grounds, some are input/outputs from components.

The first thing to start with is retrieving DTCs with IDS or ForScan.