Outlaw hood mount lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we are running the Vision X HID45002 - 5" HID light in a Spot pattern. Same light in the pic you posted. it has a streamline housing so its actually smaller overall then most 4" lights! These are the best we have found out of the 6 or so sets we tried

Whatever light you decide, make sure it is a spot beam, i can not stress that enough.

I can't wait to see them, I want to get this one with the pencil beams. Gettin old, need more light!!!!

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose a cornering light. My hood is Matte Black and doesn't reflect any light back at me - at all. The bigger the light the better the output. I chose a Cibie - Cornering Lens with 35 watt HIDs.

Remember, BIGGER is BETTER....

1-Lacy-Dress-2-1.jpg

Lights.jpg

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I chose a cornering light. My hood is Matte Black and doesn't reflect any light back at me - at all. The bigger the light the better the output. I chose a Cibie - Cornering Lens with 35 watt HIDs.

1-Lacy-Dress-2-1.jpg

Need to save up for a set of those for my wife.

-Greg

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
On the to do list

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do these affect the opening of the hood at all?

See the thread linked too earlier for pics of my particular setup and hood clearance. But basically, if you do it right and choose appropriate lights, there won't be any hood clearance issues.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good to know the Tuxedo Raptors, or possibly even those with hood graphics/wraps, wont see too much reflection from the hood. I'd love to have the Vision X's, but good lord, $350 a light?!!! :shocked: I've got a 7 month old to raise... guess it'll be the $200 Optilux 4" HID kit for me!

Last edited: