Out of their mind dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Louisburg Ford in Kansas City, KS will order a Raptor for $50 over invoice.
So Brett, what did you end up paying for your Black Rap?

frankv

Reaction score
What pushed us over the top was, we were looking at one with out a bed step but with a blue accent package, this blue package is not for me. they had the one we got but it had the graphics which i had no intention of paying 1975 dollars for stickers, this is the one gripe about Ford and this truck. How can you justify almost 2K for stickers!

the manager asked us what the issue was, I mentioned the blue, he asked what it would take, I told him I just cant pay for stickers, and he made it all work on the spot!

they earned the business with that one!

Brett

Thanks for the business!! I'll be contacting you later today.

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brett, thats good to hear it worked out for you. If you think $5000 is bad, here in San Diego the dealers are trying to sell these trucks for $15,000 over MSRP. The sad thing is that suckers are paying what the dealers are asking. From what you said in the beginning Redlands Ford is the place to go. I just ordered my 2013 for $500 over invoice.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brett, thats good to hear it worked out for you. If you think $5000 is bad, here in San Diego the dealers are trying to sell these trucks for $15,000 over MSRP. The sad thing is that suckers are paying what the dealers are asking. From what you said in the beginning Redlands Ford is the place to go. I just ordered my 2013 for $500 over invoice.

When do they think you'll get it?

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stumbled into dealing with the Finance Manager by mistake. I walked in and the salesman were eating lunch. He saw me and walked over to chat. He showed me a Red one fully loaded in the prep bay for a customer. I asked if he had a white one with all of the options. He checked his incoming orders and found the exact match. I showed him a quote from another dealer for $1,500 off MSRP and asked if he could beat it by $500. We shook hands, I wrote a check, and had my truck in 4 weeks.

When the truck got delayed at the rail stop, they sent a driver 50 miles to go pick it up.

Dealers who insist on $5,000 over MSRP markups are going to be asses (IMO) the entire time you own the vehicle, so look elsewhere.

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When do they think you'll get it?

No idea, Im waiting like everyone else is. Im hoping its soon though. The dealer projected an arrival time somewhere between Sept. and Nov. But that all depends on when Ford starts making the 2013's.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New here so I am seeing how it goes... Ordered mine in April 2012 it arrived on July 1 2012 Delaer is The Ford Store Morgan hill Calif. 450.00 over invoice no complaint by dealer and it was ordered and delivered. Sticker on windows was 55,700.00 I paid 50,950.00 plus tax and lic... Loaded no stripper pole in the back, did get factory bed extender and moon roof, both packages that were available and no side graphics but did get hood graphics.... 450.00 over invoice in the San Francisco bay area seems like a pretty good deal....

Attachments

• Truck 121.jpg
    Truck 121.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New here so I am seeing how it goes... Ordered mine in April 2012 it arrived on July 1 2012 Delaer is The Ford Store Morgan hill Calif. 450.00 over invoice no complaint by dealer and it was ordered and delivered. Sticker on windows was 55,700.00 I paid 50,950.00 plus tax and lic... Loaded no stripper pole in the back, did get factory bed extender and moon roof, both packages that were available and no side graphics but did get hood graphics.... 450.00 over invoice in the San Francisco bay area seems like a pretty good deal....

Great deal congrats...3 moth wait not made either....that is a good deal anywhere...IMO

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another local.......

i got mine from frontier ford in san jose. they too are great people to work with. im glad you got a deal on yours.

tivogirl

Reaction score
Went to three dealers here in Salt Lake before I found one (Henry Day in West Valley) that didn't tell me all Raptors were going for $5-$10k over invoice. One even pointed out a sold one on the lot and said a guy from Texas had traveled all the way to Utah to buy it for "only" $10k over invoice. Yeah right, buddy. Nobody had one in stock, but we wanted to drive before we ordered one, so a few said they'd call us when they got one in that wasn't already sold.

I did some stalking online and happened to catch Larry Miller Ford in Sandy the morning they had one delivered. We purposefully avoided the Miller dealerships as they are notorious shysters, but we figured we'd take advantage of one in stock and waste their time on a quick test drive, then order from Henry Day instead. It took some convincing, but they did agree to unwrap it enough for a quick test drive.

The sales guy we had was young and fairly new, and went out of his way to check the orders coming in around the area. Found a 2012 to our exact spec on the way to Vegas and offered to trade the one they had just gotten in to the Vegas dealer and sell us the other - no waiting to order. We told them to make that happen and call us, then we'd talk numbers. They were to call us two days later. After a week of run-arounds and excuses, the Miller guy flat out lied and said the Vegas order had a deposit on it (BS - I had talked to the Vegas dealer). I finally got the guy to admit that they sold the one they had on the lot instead of even attempting to work the trade and that they had already ordered one to our spec. The sales manager actually told us we'd be in breach of contract if we didn't buy the one they ordered! When I informed him we HAD no contract and that I'd be reporting him to the BBB when I hung up, he backed off. It was truly dishonest on a level I've never experienced before.

I called the only reasonable dealer we had spoken to from the start, Henry Day Ford, and told our sales guy the story. We ordered a loaded 2013 for $750 over invoice from him on 9/11, got our VIN a few weeks ago and the sticker showed up Friday. It's being build at the end of this week.

If you're looking for a Raptor within a few hundred miles of Salt Lake, go to Jake Beck at Henry Day Ford in West Valley (801-859-1498). Don't bother with anyone else in the area that carries Ford and AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE any Larry H Miller dealership!