Out of their mind dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forums, Own a 2wd Chevy Tahoe LTZ, driven off road in AZ. Starting to look for a new Raptor. Been sold on it since day one. Local Dealers are downright NASTY about this truck on price. Was at the local Dealer, San Tan Ford in Gilbert AZ, they told me all raptors are sold 5K over MSRP. I told him I hear many people are paying invoice or invoice plus 1K. They go on and on about how SPECIAL it is. Stay away from this place. San Tan Ford in Gilbert. I asked him right out do you want to order this truck for us, he said his manager says dont even bother on price.

Warning: while we were there they had a Black Screw 2011 in on trade. the sales manager was boasting how the owner jumped 14 feet with it. it had a HD off road after market bumper and front skid plate which was bashed completely in. The dealer is like, this truck is a steal. Jumping 14 feet and driving into boulders is what the truck is made to do. If your looking for a used truck, i would stay clear.

I am going to try the fleet managers, any ideas? if all else fails i will just buy at Redlands Ford.

Thanks,
Brett

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5k over is what the local dearler here said. I'd did't buy it.

Try auto brokers and group discount programs like NRA, Consumers Reports and others. Or check internet pricing (ebay?), many dealerships now have someone who specializes in selling on the internet. Or just hit the phone.

I used a broker friends form work liked. Got mine for about 1,000 below msrp. While I was waiting for it, I priced it thru Consumers Reports and got an offer for 1,500 - 2,000 less. But did'nt want to start the waiting clock over.

Goodluck.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm OUT of 2012 allocation and IN Stock Raptors, Sorry.

I think I can still get 1 Flame Blue Crew Cab (loaded) for $1500
OFF MSRP. It's in St Louis, MO ?? But at a "Friendly Dealer" lol

Randy
cell 406 544-6891

OP
OP
B

brusso99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A fool maybe would by a truck like this used. After seeing that used one with the aftermarket skidplate smashed in, it confirmed my distrust of a used unit. Once i get one corretly priced, im going to just keep it till i run it into the ground.

I would say loaded without 1975 dollar stickers It will be near 50K. When i get one for that price we will take it.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I bought mine used at Bell Ford. It was good to go, but I looked it over for a solid hour before even agreeing to test drive it.

That being said, I'd avoid Bell Ford if I were you. I had a very bad experience with them. Randy is probably your best bet. When I was looking at buying mine, there wasn't a new Rap in the city going for less than $60k or so.

JMann2380

Reaction score
Contact Dave Kolega @ Mullinax Ford in North Canton, Ohio. I just drove past there yesterday and they have a 2012 Black fully loaded Screw on the lot. They sell quite of few of these out of state. Guarantee you can do better than MSRP and they could get it shipped out to you reasonably. Mention Josh with the off road trailer with matching wheels, he'll know who I am and won't BS ya.

If this is against the rules go ahead and delete it, just trying to help the guy out.

-Josh

Milhouse

Reaction score
I bought mine new at Rodeo Ford in Goodyear for MSRP. Not the greatest deal, but they did give me really good money for the trade in, and weren't *****.

It also helped to walk in with a certificate from Truecar.com.