Ordered... now the wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
19-Kilo

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received an email from my dealer today. The VIN number has been assigned but there is no build date yet. They told me that the VIN came in on last Friday. It looks like there is about a week wait between the VIN being assigned and the build date. So again I am waiting patiently for this Friday to arrive and will insert my VIN multiple times a day until I see a window sticker pop up!!!

Yup, just got a vin and a build date 11 APR... delivery 2-3 weeks later :peace:

h20son

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, just got a vin and a build date 11 APR... delivery 2-3 weeks later :peace:

Well that's either good news or bad news for me. So far no build date as of yet. Did the dealer tell you your build date or did you insert it on that site that posts your window sticker up.

Damn it I'm jealous. Hopefully my silver screw will be just behind yours. What's the last 6 of your VIN?

OP
OP
19-Kilo

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's either good news or bad news for me. So far no build date as of yet. Did the dealer tell you your build date or did you insert it on that site that posts your window sticker up.

Damn it I'm jealous. Hopefully my silver screw will be just behind yours. What's the last 6 of your VIN?

No window sticker... lots of people are saying that the sicker comes about a week out from the build date.
But dealer is saying I have a vin and build date of 11 APR.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has a Super Cab ordered,I still have no sticker on my silver crew.When I was at the dealer to get my vin and seen the sheet with all of his orders on it,my truck had a date of March 29th,I asked what that date was and he said that is the final step before build date,he said build should happen about a week from that date and about a week after that is delivery to dealer,so a date of april12 for pick up at dealer.

h20son

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer today. He said the window stickers should be coming out tomorrow. He told me that the build date should be on the week of the 11th. Delivery date to the dealer should be around the 28th of April. Coming down the home stretch it looks like!

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
h20son,I will keep in touch on my end for sure,I can't wait much longer!

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
h20son,got my sticker,build date on my truck is 4/5/11,coming by truck.

OP
OP
19-Kilo

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, so the build date is supposed to be 11 APR... but I dont have a window sticker at any of the common sites listed for checking the window sticker... is this normal?

And dealer says they dont get the window sticker till it comes on the vehicle... really?

Last edited:

h20son

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so the build date is supposed to be 11 APR... but I dont have a window sticker at any of the common sites listed for checking the window sticker... is this normal?

And dealer says they dont get the window sticker till it comes on the vehicle... really?

I got my window sticker with the same build date. Came out Monday morning.