Order/delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rage27

Reaction score
Ok we'll after visiting 5 dealers in NJ here's what I found so far. 3 of them didn't even know the order guide was available and said they can't get a price on the 2014 truck. One other told me that I can place an order (that obviously wont go in till ford accepts them)but I shouldn't expect delivery until the end of January 2014. The last told me that they can't even get them directly from ford and that they are ordering them thru a purchasing group...any ideas on that??

Has anyone else heard that the 2014 won't actually be delivered till next year??

Man that's a long time...

lebeljd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been talking to my local dealer. I had to let them know when the order guide was available. They told me today they still cannot place an actual order, and it might be another month before they can. I have seen posted here and elsewhere that Ford will not start building the 2014 F150s until Oct 28 so I would not be a bit surprised if they are not delivered until January.

I am looking for a dealer that will take my order. Can anyone recommend one within 500 miles of Springfield Illinois?

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey have you tried talking to Downs Ford? Talk to Frankie there, he will be able to get you one. Not sure how soon though but worth the try.

OP
OP
R

rage27

Reaction score
Im really close to Downs Ford but that wasnt one of the 5 dealers i hit. Is Frankie a salesman or manager. Im so sick of dealing with retarded salesmen who dont even know what the Raptor is because the only thing they sold in the last year was 4 Ford Fiestas and maybe a Fusion or two. Did you purchase from there?

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im really close to Downs Ford but that wasnt one of the 5 dealers i hit. Is Frankie a salesman or manager. Im so sick of dealing with retarded salesmen who dont even know what the Raptor is because the only thing they sold in the last year was 4 Ford Fiestas and maybe a Fusion or two. Did you purchase from there?

He's a managing partner; tell him I sent you and he will take care of you. They have several 2014s on order from what he had told me already. I went with a 2013 from another dealer so I didn't take him up on his offer. I ordered from Zooks Motors in Kane PA for $500 over invoice since they had a 2013 allocation. Pretty sure Downs will deal on a Raptor for you.

OP
OP
R

rage27

Reaction score
So just out of curiosity...the posts about purchasing for 2-3k below invoice are just fantasy huh?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You prob read wrong .. 2-3k below MRSP is possible. 2-3k under invoice means dealers are losing money. I purchased my 2013 at invoice which is $4200 below MSRP.

So just out of curiosity...the posts about purchasing for 2-3k below invoice are just fantasy huh?

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you look at old posts of early 2013 and 2012, it takes awhile to get these trucks out, and I remember for several months they were all dealer stock and no special customer orders. Go read some of the old posts.

OP
OP
R

rage27

Reaction score
You prob read wrong .. 2-3k below MRSP is possible. 2-3k under invoice means dealers are losing money. I purchased my 2013 at invoice which is $4200 below MSRP.

Yeah sorry I meant MSRP not invoice. You got a great deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc