Options you wish you ordered ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same for me, tailgate step. When I ordered it was tied to the power package and I don't need all of that and didn't want to pay $2K for it. Now I see it is a $450 add on or something and I am pissed off. I can live without it, but damn, it would be nice to have.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at one with everything I want but carbon fiber. Any chance that can be added later?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same for me, tailgate step. When I ordered it was tied to the power package and I don't need all of that and didn't want to pay $2K for it. Now I see it is a $450 add on or something and I am pissed off. I can live without it, but damn, it would be nice to have.
You're better off without it if it's the same as gen 2. I've got it and wish I didn't. It's not useful but it makes the tailgate heavy. I've taken the tailgate off as many times as I've used the step ...

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading your reply…I just realized mine doesn’t have it either…damn…I use that feature all the time….

Jax L

Reaction score
You're better off without it if it's the same as gen 2. I've got it and wish I didn't. It's not useful but it makes the tailgate heavy. I've taken the tailgate off as many times as I've used the step ...
It's absolutely useful, and it'll be even more so with 37s IMO...

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tailgate step was useful on my ‘19, I used it often enough to want it again. Not only for loading stuff, but also as a footrest if you wanted to sit on the tailgate at the top of a mountain trail to enjoy the view. Last time I was on the build site it was listed as a separate ~$450 option, but if you selected it you’d be forced to go all in on the $2k power tech with the second alternator, etc.

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
I wish I'd been able to delete the auto start/stop button, but I was too close to production. I just ordered an autostop eliminator. Hopefully the install is at least half as easy as the video.