Options you wish you ordered ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pure_mitt

Reaction score
Has there been a option you wish you should of ordered? For me right now I wish I ordered the tailgate step. I totally under estimated how high that sucker is. I’ve been using my kids hockey sticks to pull things out of the bed vs climbing up.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has there been a option you wish you should of ordered? For me right now I wish I ordered the tailgate step. I totally under estimated how high that sucker is. I’ve been using my kids hockey sticks to pull things out of the bed vs climbing up.
Yeah I’m so pissed they make you get the moonroof to get the step now. Don’t even care about the power tailgate to be honest. Just the step

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m so pissed they make you get the moonroof to get the step now. Don’t even care about the power tailgate to be honest. Just the step
I was thinking of pricing out the possibility of ordering a “replacement” tailgate from Ford with the step and having it painted to match the truck later down the road. Or finding one from a junk yard

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
My truck is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I put my order in right when the banks opened, however, this is my first ever ford so I was not fully informed on the camera options for the 800A. I did not order the tow tech package and didn't realize until it was too late that I needed that for the 360 degree camera. I am a little bummed since I assume something like that would come in handy with a truck this wide. It also appears that I won't have any front camera either, which would have been useful. Oh well, you live and you learn.

fts

Reaction score
I wish the salespeople would be more helpful in these types of situations. They should give advice on which options are useful, what is tied to what, etc. IMO, rather than just take orders.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of pricing out the possibility of ordering a “replacement” tailgate from Ford with the step and having it painted to match the truck later down the road. Or finding one from a junk yard
You will find this to be very expensive! There are a few bolt-on truck and bumper steps available. One is from Bestop. Not sure if they have one for the Raptor?

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I put my order in right when the banks opened, however, this is my first ever ford so I was not fully informed on the camera options for the 800A. I did not order the tow tech package and didn't realize until it was too late that I needed that for the 360 degree camera. I am a little bummed since I assume something like that would come in handy with a truck this wide. It also appears that I won't have any front camera either, which would have been useful. Oh well, you live and you learn.
The front camera isn't available unless you get the tow package?