Option regrets... Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as with all mechanical/electrical parts, there is always someone who will get THAT part that fails. it inevitable, someone will have a problem. but its usually aftermarket sunroofs that have this problem. i used to install them, so i have had experience in this area. if components didnt fail, there would never be any recalls and all vehicles would last forever. things wear out and go bad, some quicker than others, and sometimes its a manufacturing defect. it happens. but in general, its always best to go with oem features such as this because that means the vehicle was designed for it.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the sunroof complaints. I think it's awesome, as long as it's closed in the puddles... Tilt that thing up and crack the rear slider for the most perfect and adjustable airflow ever.

Back when the trucks firsts came out I saw a lot of posts about the sunroof leaking, but haven't heard about any issues with them since. I haven't ever had one problem with mine. I don't regret this option at all.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is base plus the trailer brake controller.

If Ford offered actual options instaed of "packages" I would have opted for a couple of things (heated, power extend mirrors). The couple of things were not worth all the other stuff I didn't want and the $2000 extra.

I consider a lot of the extra stuff just something more to go wrong down the line. Reading a lot of threads, that does happen.

OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its time for me to "poop or get off the pot."

I have a dealer near me that seems willing to deal after I showed them Louisburg Ford's vehicle order confirmation.

Now i have to decide on options. I started off with silver, but now I'm certain that I will choose white.

I'm getting 801A, moon roof (I guess), Hood and box graphics, front camera (I guess), and Spray in Liner.

Total is $52,245

I'm considering the blue trim and tailgate step (I guess on both).
Anyone know the Invoice price on each of these?

I've even second guessed myself on the Luxury package. For resale purposes, I figure I'd be better off getting most every option though. However, I've driven my current truck 12 years and don't intend on selling it.