Opinions on what might break on my 2012 screw next..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2012 screw that's currently at 135,000 miles. I bought this car a few months ago and have performed some minor maintenance that seems common at my mileage. I wanted to ask the forum about any opinions you all may have about what might break on my car next if I were to be pushing It off road. Since owning the car I have flushed and re-filled my power steering fluid, replaced the power steering pump(blew it doing donuts in a dirt lot, replaced engine air filter, replaced rear rotors and brake pads, replaced fuel level pump and replaced both front Actuators as well as the whole vacuum system. If any of you hire milage owners have any feedback or experience as what tends to break around my mileage I would greatly appreciate. I guess I'm looking for some sort of peace of mind as to what I can expect.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure that the "fuse 27 relocation" has been done....inside of your fuse box should have a small sticker saying that the fuel pump fuse is relocated to number 70...

Should look like this....

DjzjLOR.jpg

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
If this hasn’t been done would it cause a check engine light to come on? Of course as I write this post and went for a drive today the CEL came on..

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could make the truck not start at all. Basically, the original fuse location (#27, the small slot in the photo), was too small, and the fuse would melt and melt the terminals with it. The wiring was changed to use spot #70 (the big slot in the photo). Just look in your fuse box and see if you have that little sticker in there, and that spot 27 is vacant with slot 70 filled....easy as pie.

Also, you need to look at your shocks. If the are original, they should have been rebuilt or replaced 3X by now. Here's a link to Fox racing shox rebuild info. You do the rebuild every 50K miles if you are a street driver, more often than that if you are an off-roader....

https://www.ridefox.com/service.php?m=truck

Don't fall into the trap of doing what some of these fools are doing which is swapping Gen2 shocks onto a Gen1. You'll lose a bunch of wheel travel and end up with binding issues going over speed bumps. Gen1 shocks on a Gen1, Gen2 shocks on a Gen2. Your truck is a high performance vehicle, and with all things high performance, when you try to go cheap, you F**K things up.

Last edited:

Andrew72

Reaction score
Do you know the service habits of the previous owner? Driving your truck hard, you’re probably going to run into a lot of issues. Where do you live? Try to do research on any experienced shops near you who specialize in off-road and have worked on raptors

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
It was a single owner who drove it to 132K. Seemed to be all highway miles because the condition was pretty good minus the repairs I stated above which seemed to be routine maintenance at my mileage.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so one last test....see that traction control button up there by the emergency flasher button?

I need you to press and hold the TC button in for 5 full seconds with the truck running....

Next, stand on the gas pedal! When you get done laughing and yelling, post up on here how she works....

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure that the "fuse 27 relocation" has been done....inside of your fuse box should have a small sticker saying that the fuel pump fuse is relocated to number 70...

Should look like this....

DjzjLOR.jpg

Hey Jonny...
So here is the photo of mine that I just wrote you about.....any idea what the extra wire is...maybe its the #27/#70 done another way??L1220185.JPG L1220186.JPG

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No idea...your fuse 27 slot is still filled, so I would guess that you have not had the mod done. Ford has a TSB on this, id just drag it in and let them do it, but then I hate electrical work.

You'll know if that fuse goes out, the truck won't be going anywhere unless it's on a flatbed. The fuse melts and takes the terminals in the slot with it.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea...your fuse 27 slot is still filled, so I would guess that you have not had the mod done. Ford has a TSB on this, id just drag it in and let them do it, but then I hate electrical work.

You'll know if that fuse goes out, the truck won't be going anywhere unless it's on a flatbed. The fuse melts and takes the terminals in the slot with it.

Yeah...didnt think it was done since the #27 was still in place....
Electrical...LMAO....I break out in a cold sweat just thinking of cutting into wires.....in fact,I installed Rigid Fogs and Driving Lights in the bumper holes 4 months ago...and they are still NOT wired in..just cant bring myself to cut into that wire harness...So..maybe a trip to dealer for BOTH electrical jobs is in order...!