One Free Tow Every 6,000 Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve wondered about my starter. A couple of times over the past couple of months, the truck as made an odd sound on start up. Like a generator sound or like a manual trans grinding gears. But it only lasts less than a sec. but the truck has always fired up. It’s very very sporadic and doesn’t matter if it’s cold or hot.

what’s your build date and MY? I’m 4/19 and it’s a 2019.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Loose electrical connections do very odd things. Glad you’re back in business.

gtaboyz

Reaction score
I’ve wondered about my starter. A couple of times over the past couple of months, the truck as made an odd sound on start up. Like a generator sound or like a manual trans grinding gears. But it only lasts less than a sec. but the truck has always fired up. It’s very very sporadic and doesn’t matter if it’s cold or hot.

gtaboyz

Reaction score
Like I stated, my 2017 was not disengaging the starter upon start up and shut off, about 3 times in 30 days. Then one day no start. It was the starter, sounds like yours is doing the same. Be prepared for a tow when you least expect it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck is home and good to go I like the part where they say “and stud melted.” That didn’t sound good!

View attachment 152904

The B+ attachment nut was most likely loose or corroded, which results in high resistance. High resistance generates heat, which would explain why the connection was melted at the starter.

Glad to hear it’s fixed.