One Free Tow Every 6,000 Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
So not exactly how I saw my Sunday going... LOL!

Went and washed the truck and when I got back in it wouldn’t start. The local tow truck company tried to jump start it, and it wouldn’t even click. I’m optimistic it will be something simple, and at least I was close to home and not in the woods.

At least the tow truck was a Ford.

380286DD-73B9-4D3C-952A-FC6A2AAEBDA7.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
WTH did you do?

Was there an engine compartment cleaning involved?

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
WTH did you do?

Was there an engine compartment cleaning involved?

Nope, didn’t touch the engine. Just an average wash to get road grime off the truck. Nothing I haven’t done 1,000 times to all my other trucks. Electrical stuff spooks me, so I stay the hell away from that stuff.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
here’s hoping it’s something quick, simple and explainable.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Did you try the other key fob? Never know.
Good point. I always wonder why the damn parking lights flash on and off when I'm at the car wash. Maybe after 100 nuisance flashes the truck just ignores that fob. lol
Anyway, I bet it's nothing major, good luck.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I thought about the key fob last night after I got home (and the truck had been towed to the dealership). The truck never gave me the “no key detected” warning. All I had was a brief message about the electrical system charging (I don’t remember the exact message), and a red battery symbol on the dash.

When I test drove the truck the first time back in March they had to jump start it (somebody left the headlights on). I wonder, could it be as simple as the battery being shot from that? Would the truck not be able to be jump started with a really dead battery?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure its something simple like that. Was the motor still in the engine bay? LOL. Hope they call you this morning with the good news.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought about the key fob last night after I got home (and the truck had been towed to the dealership). The truck never gave me the “no key detected” warning. All I had was a brief message about the electrical system charging (I don’t remember the exact message), and a red battery symbol on the dash.

When I test drove the truck the first time back in March they had to jump start it (somebody left the headlights on). I wonder, could it be as simple as the battery being shot from that? Would the truck not be able to be jump started with a really dead battery?

yeah if it’s dead it’s dead- but not normal for a fairly new battery, unless you were drawing it down unknowingly

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nothing useful to add other than Ruby Red Raptors make my pants tight.

And what mud flaps are those?