One Free Tow Every 6,000 Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the tow truck driver try to jump your truck with a jump box? My battery on my Shelby was dead from a drain on the battery and it would not jump from my genus GB150 until I connected a set of jumper cables to the old battery I swapped out of my Raptor.

Mark

gtaboyz

Reaction score
I have a 2017 SCREW 802A and had a similar experience, it was the starter and they had to replace it. The only issue I had prior was during the previous 30 days, when using my push to start button to start it, sometimes the starter would not disengage and using the button to shut it off would have same issue. Thank goodness for extended warranty, it was about $485.00. Btw the starter on my home generator is bigger!

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Did the tow truck driver try to jump your truck with a jump box? My battery on my Shelby was dead from a drain on the battery and it would not jump from my genus GB150 until I connected a set of jumper cables to the old battery I swapped out of my Raptor.

Mark

No, they tried to jump it from the tow truck itself.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I have a 2017 SCREW 802A and had a similar experience, it was the starter and they had to replace it. The only issue I had prior was during the previous 30 days, when using my push to start button to start it, sometimes the starter would not disengage and using the button to shut it off would have same issue. Thank goodness for extended warranty, it was about $485.00. Btw the starter on my home generator is bigger!

My hope is it's something simple like this. Anytime it's electrical I get nervous. Nothing is worse than chasing electrical gremlins.

Gunner Retz

Reaction score
I thought about the key fob last night after I got home (and the truck had been towed to the dealership). The truck never gave me the “no key detected” warning. All I had was a brief message about the electrical system charging (I don’t remember the exact message), and a red battery symbol on the dash.

When I test drove the truck the first time back in March they had to jump start it (somebody left the headlights on). I wonder, could it be as simple as the battery being shot from that? Would the truck not be able to be jump started with a really dead battery?

My 2018 Platinum $h!t the dead battery issue on me before it had 13k miles on it. The Service Dept didn’t even check the truck before replacing the battery. They must truly be junk now a days.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I wash my truck at home, I put the key fob in my garage so the lights do not keep going on and off with the water around the door handles. I realize you cannot do that at a car wash, but I wonder if the lights coming and going was enough to kill the battery.