One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brand new truck picked up this morning in Louisburg, Kansas and driven to Denver. 650 miles and dash computed out an average of 11.9. That's a pretty much completely flat drive with some serious winds and the cruise at 77/78 mph the whole way. I'm hoping it gets better with more break in time...

I've got around 2600 miles on her, after a round trip Denver- KC-Denver a couple weeks ago. Average was right around 12 or a little better. City I get 12.5 or so. Did notice the truck actually gets better mileage without using cruise control, and no, I hadn't used it prior to the trip.

Last edited:

fordandchevyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just returned from a 1800 mile trip from Sarasota FL to New Orleans. I averaged 14.1mpg. Bone stock motor just royal purple oil and filter. That was at 75-80mph. When I brought her down to 55-62mph I could get almost 16mpg!! love it! although I don't think I will take it to Mardi gras again. it was crazy.

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know when I last checked into this thread, but thought I'd chime in again.

Still getting pretty much the exact same MPG at 41,000 km as I was in the beginning.
I'm gettin 20-21L/100km mixed. or (10-11 MPG) mixed.

Never seemed to change much between regular or higher octanes. With current gas prices.. have been opting to stick with regular.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the sweet spot is under 65. hard to do when the limit is 75, but hey, depends on what your fuel bill looks like each month as to how fast you wanna keep driving lol

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spent the day in 4 wheel high in the snow and still managed to get 10 mpg playing around.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Filled up with 91 at $3.69 per gallon too. Close to the price of E-30.

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update on winter driving today. Drove a lot today in the snow a little more aggressively just for fun. Mpg down to 7.5. Still a whole lot of fun. This truck is magnificent in the deep snow!