Old School Gun Rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend putting 5% tint on your rear window (which is 20% tinted glass already). That’s what my back window has, and it’s nearly impossible for anyone behind me to see anything inside my truck.

My front and rear side windows are 5%, but the back is something like -3% (according to my tint guy) which I love.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in high school, in Georgia, with my dad's 63 Ford there was always an 870 and a 30-30 in the rack. Never a problem or worried about it. Now it's a raptor, Beretta over/unders and a self absorbed social justice pioneer on every corner. Some of the magic of it is definitely gone...

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I would highly recommend putting 5% tint on your rear window (which is 20% tinted glass already). That’s what my back window has, and it’s nearly impossible for anyone behind me to see anything inside my truck.

My front and rear side windows are 5%, but the back is something like -3% (according to my tint guy) which I love.
The dealer already tinted everything when new. Not sure what % it is, but you cannot see much inside with a casual glance.

After looking at the rear window area, I am not even sure it's possible to install a rack there. If anyone has the roof type mount with a sunroof, I'd be interested in seeing it.

I may end up just getting one that goes on the back of the front seats.

End goal is just to get the old mossberg off the rear floor. I carry a bunch of work stuff in the back, just trying to unclutter things a little.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
enjoy TX while you can bc thanks to their leadership people are running to the SE and Texas.

The neighbors and I keep rounding them up and taking them back along the “rat line” to the NM border. The NM crew isn’t as stern, so some of them are allowed into ABQ, but most make it to the AZ border where that crew takes them back to CA.

So they’re not really coming to TX for more than a short visit.

dave_g

Reaction score
Illegal? Really?

Yes in NJ you can only transport a gun in a case- to and from a "legal" gun range or to go hunting. Can not just leave in your truck, Also must be unloaded and ammo must be in a different case. Carrying a loaded pistol with in reach- and you going to jail.

You guys in TX have it so nice.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes in NJ you can only transport a gun in a case- to and from a "legal" gun range or to go hunting. Can not just leave in your truck, Also must be unloaded and ammo must be in a different case. Carrying a loaded pistol with in reach- and you going to jail.

Dayum. That's silly. Of course, NJ is a state where the people aren't smart enough to pump their own gas, so maybe it's for the best ... LOL