Old Man Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am.going to say this. I have been working on vehicles for 35ish years. But admit I am not always on the cusp of the best of the best.

My shop foreman saw the heim joints which are FK and said "damn those are the best of the best "

He is involved in the."modification" side of things (power sports mostly) more than myself.

The point is.RPG,.SVC, CAMBURG, FOUST HM and others (if I forgot someone please post) do not go low bidder on components.. They know what we are going to do with our vehicles.

Expensive because components are first class

Makes me feel better I am paying for A and getting A not B!!

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, as with every project there are hiccups. We have a small amount of rubbing at full lock.
Ugh, I didn't want to get wheels (I like the OEM beadlock wheels). Pretty minor but still.
Haven't done the alignment yet, so it might clear on flat level ground, but I don't go to Starbucks (I don't even know where one is).

Question is, will ICON wheels clear the Alcon brakes.

RPG says they hope to ship rear suspension on Friday. They say business is booming and they are behind in the shipping department.

Guess I will go start a wheel thread. Hahaha
Resized_Resized_20231206_082526.jpg

Last edited:

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as with every project there are hiccups. We have a small amount of rubbing at full lock.
Ugh, I didn't want to get wheels (I like the OEM beadwork wheels). Pretty minor but still.
Haven't done the alignment yet, so it might clear on flat level ground, but I don't go to Starbucks (I don't even know where one is).

Question is, will ICON wheels clear the Alcon brakes.

RPG says they hope to ship rear suspension on Friday. They say business is booming and they are behind in the shipping department.

Guess I will go start a wheel tread. Hahaha
View attachment 435630
What’s your offset? I always go 0 offset on all wheels, Raptor and Bronco, no rubbing.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s your offset? I always go 0 offset on all wheels, Raptor and Bronco, no rubbing.
Factory, OEM beadlock (capable) I believe is +38.

Looking at ICON rebound pro, which is +6. Would move the tire out about 1 1/4 inches.
Then more dirt gets thrown up on sides of vehicle, besides more load on wheel bearings and other possible clearance issues.

Last edited:

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory, OEM beadwork (capable) I believe is +38.

Looking at ICON rebound pro, which is +6. Would move the tire out about 1 1/4 inches.
Then more dirt gets thrown up on sides of vehicle, besides more load on wheel bearings and other possible clearance issues.
Do they make a 0 offset?

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the wheels won't add a ton of cost to the whole project, considering I was planning on getting bead lock rings (800 for a set of 4) and another spare (400-600 the way the oem wheels are priced and yes all 6 have to match). I can get 6 of the Icons for $1800.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
In the wheels won't add a ton of cost to the whole project, considering I was planning on getting bead lock rings (800 for a set of 4) and another spare (400-600 the way the oem wheels are priced and yes all 6 have to match). I can get 6 of the Icons for $1800.
Fifteen52 is having a sale, they have some neat wheels