Old Man Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So in those photos in the instructions the wire coming out of the magnet it closest to the live valve mechanical valve (which is opposite the OEM, but because it is a magnet it really doesn’t matter.)

On the last photo the wire tie (zip tie) is around the wire. The rubber insulator will slide up or down the wire, why not move it so that the wire tie is on rubber and helps isolate the wiring from vibration/rubbing.

I am NOT a wizard, but I am acutely aware of the vibrations my Raptor will encounter.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you notice the live valve beauty cover will not work with the magnet installed per their own instructions.

The wire has to be at the back.

At that point the live valve and the beauty cover will not fit due to interference with the body mount bucket. So I had the grind on that. Only other option would have been to Redrill mounting holes for shock reservoir, which would have been a bitch for the front hole.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So in the end I had the reservoirs off about 4 times each. So SDI E-click got 0 attention. Will start that project next weekend.

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did get my jack mount. I have to think it will be a rattling nightmare. The jack itself might be good but the handle will rattle like a banshee. Need to find a pool noodle to help with that.
20231203_162943.jpg20231203_170906.jpg

OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a pair of these on Builtrite panels to hold the jack handle. More holding the axe and shovel.

I have those for a shovel. The jack mount has spot under the jack for the handle to go. I can tell it will rattle like no tomorrow. Lower handle part of the handle is foam covered (albeit not necessarily durable foam). I will take another picture tomorrow.