Ok. No R so let’s build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRptr

Reaction score
If I go with the Goose e50 tune, can I run straight e85 or do I have to mix to close to e50?
Stock injectors can’t handle pure e85, plus I think the fuel pump has issues with that much flow too. So to run E85 you’d need more than just the tune, but no, you would want an e85 specific tune from Goose.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock injectors can’t handle pure e85, plus I think the fuel pump has issues with that much flow too. So to run E85 you’d need more than just the tune, but no, you would want an e85 specific tune from Goose.
To Run E85 you need either injectors or HPFP. The fuel pump is the easiest way with a 30min install and E85 tune.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can the engine sustain constant pulls with that size of turbo

There’s only one way to find out. I think on ethanol with reasonable boost it would be ok unless you’re drag racing it or something. I think you’d probably run into 10R80 issues first but I’m not sure.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fk it then.

Someone with tons of money should experiment.

Where is that one guy with two RAPTOR Rs on here lol?

Reaction score
I’m over trying to get an R. Aside from a goose tune …. What would it take to get this truck as close to to TRX level of power….. on 91 octane and daily driver reliable?

Already have an intake so I’m halfway there.
I can't blame you. I have a VIN number and I've all but abandoned hope of getting an R from Ford anytime soon. It's been "In Production" since January 24, 2023. Three months to the day. Can't say I'm willing to get a TRX, but Ford has really dropped the ball on these vehicles.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m over trying to get an R. Aside from a goose tune …. What would it take to get this truck as close to to TRX level of power….. on 91 octane and daily driver reliable?

Already have an intake so I’m halfway there.
Much much better off paying a bit extra for an R vs dumping $ you will never get back in a 3.5.
What is your budget for a R?

I do really like the eco engines still have a couple.

My last 3.5 made 603tq 658tq to tire on E50. Stock intake, airbox, air filter & cats.
ONLY changes were Garrett Intercooler with proper duct work and hand built exhaust/mufflers. This was on base tune.