Ok. No R so let’s build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP, the simplest way to get close to the TRX/R is just a good intercooler and an E50 tune from Goose. You can then add a hpfp, full E85, and get a few more hp. At that point you’re definitely faster than a TRX when you account for weight.

If you wanna go the much less simple way, and pump gas is an absolute requirement, you’re gonna need a lot of stuff. Namely the biggest turbos and intercooler you can possibly get. You’d want to keep boost low if you wanna have any chance surviving at on pump gas at the factory compression level, otherwise it’ll be a bad knock knock joke.

This 100% TFL a while back on YouTube had a Gen 2 w/ a tune/intake/IC go up against a TRX (& another Raptor I think a stock one?) & the lightly modded Gen2 was RIGHT there off by a couple tenths BUT it was also lifted & riding on heavy ass 37”s!!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This 100% TFL a while back on YouTube had a Gen 2 w/ a tune/intake/IC go up against a TRX (& another Raptor I think a stock one?) & the lightly modded Gen2 was RIGHT there off by a couple tenths BUT it was also lifted & riding on heavy ass 37”s!!

Exactly, it had 37 Nittos. Put on some 35 ko2’s and light wheels and a stage 2 E50 Raptor will walk a TRX pretty easily.

GraniteRiver

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove a R last weekend and beat it like it owed me money and although it was fun and fast I feel a tuned E50-E85 Gen3 could keep up and dare I say it pull away up top IMHO. Lol

Raptor R are putting down 580hp and 530Tq on the dyno and Goose Gen3 on E50 is putting down 500hp 585tq.
Id be around those R numbers in a gen 2 by just adding the Garrett turbos, tubes, manifolds, etc. on E85 all for around $10k with a retune. Currently 492/588 on E85, with only injectors, IC and tune.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id be around those R numbers in a gen 2 by just adding the Garrett turbos, tubes, manifolds, etc. on E85 all for around $10k with a retune. Currently 492/588 on E85, with only injectors, IC and tune.
Did you ever run E50 on stock injectors? Did the injectors seem worth it on stock turbos?

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a built short block and turbos intended for my 19. Sold it got a TRX, dumped 20k in mods and stereo.... hated it.

Ordered a Gen 3 the way I wanted and now I have all this bought go fast ish I'd like to bolt on the gen 3. Starting with cooling, tune, fuel then moving to turbos and short block.

Even if it's not as fast as the modded trx I'm still happier in the raptor in stock form.

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just didn't like hiw the truck felt like a floating ****. The extra power made the chasis balance even worse. I upgraded the sway bars and end links. No difference. The truck just a a poor build quality to it. The drive train was solid as a rock, but the orange peel on brand new paint, plastic everywhere, loud af all the time and you had to replace damn bear everything to bring it up to standard. The stereo was abysmal. Even after the upgrade and sound matting on the doors it just felt like the cab reverbed a lot bc it was just thin plastic over thin aluminum.

Anyway I'm ranting but that's just a few things that didn't agree with me. It was just like when I bought a (08) Gen 3 viper brand new and find a CD player in the dash.

Transversly my same year 997 turbo was decked out with nav ect... FCA does some things great and fail miserably at most others.