Ok. No R so let’s build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m over trying to get an R. Aside from a goose tune …. What would it take to get this truck as close to to TRX level of power….. on 91 octane and daily driver reliable?

Already have an intake so I’m halfway there.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
RMB long block, bigger turbos, bigger intercooler, beef up the 10R80 internals and a solid tune.
It’s the daily driver reliable part that is going to be a challenge.

I’d bet a dollar that with all the above, if you reverted to stock intake, you’d be within 5 hp at the wheel.

$30-ish,000?

RedRptr

Reaction score
Stage 2 Goosetune with TCM, 91/93 Octane or e50, Intercooler, and maybe a CAI if you’re feeling spicy. That’s it. Everything else is a waste and will only degrade your daily driver experience and reliability.

Take the money you’ll save from not doing more and buy yourself a Starbucks every morning as a treat. Then put it in 4A and run past just about every other car on the road. :)

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RMB long block, bigger turbos, bigger intercooler, beef up the 10R80 internals and a solid tune.
It’s the daily driver reliable part that is going to be a challenge.

I’d bet a dollar that with all the above, if you reverted to stock intake, you’d be within 5 hp at the wheel.

$30-ish,000?
You’re breaking my heart with this real world chit.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stage 2 Goosetune with TCM, 91/93 Octane or e50, Intercooler, and maybe a CAI if you’re feeling spicy. That’s it. Everything else is a waste and will only degrade your daily driver experience and reliability.

Take the money you’ll save from not doing more and buy yourself a Starbucks every morning as a treat. Then put it in 4A and run past just about every other car on the road. :)
I was thinking this was my route.