Oil pan leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naaaa. No more risk than if you were bleeding continuously and decided to wait several months to see a doctor.

(Hint: Your truck's motor oil is its blood.)

‘tis but a mere flesh wound!!!

Yeah it isn’t dripping, just damp around the bolts. Have checked it a few times, and check my oil often.
I have had warranty issues with other vehicles where they won’t touch it unless it drips.
Honestly just didn’t want them touching it while our roads are so sloppy. Think I’ll get a better job this spring when things dry up a bit.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I NEVER thought I would see you type that! First step for you in recognizing denial!

You bringing up a mental condition is like John Hinckley Jr. doing it.

For now, extremely happy with my non ecoboost family of vehicles

So, why do you continue to troll the Gen 2 subforms with what seems to be a pretty blatant attempt to convince someone to lose the warranty on their new trucks?

this problem affects what amounts to probably less than 1% of all of the trucks out there.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
‘tis but a mere flesh wound!!!

Yeah it isn’t dripping, just damp around the bolts. Have checked it a few times, and check my oil often.
I have had warranty issues with other vehicles where they won’t touch it unless it drips.
Honestly just didn’t want them touching it while our roads are so sloppy. Think I’ll get a better job this spring when things dry up a bit.

Mine is in now, they are telling me they are instructed to order new pan so waiting for parts and to to hear about tranny leak.

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leaking pan

Took my 2017 in for first free oil change at 5k tech notice oil on top side of skid plate.Dealer replaced oil pan.I have 7700 miles now no leaks but I do check dip stick once a month just to be safe.

wadeharvey10

Reaction score
Aluminum Oil pan install

On my 17, I had the dealership order a new aluminum pan and oil pick up tube for the newer 18s.. they installed it no problems, just had to temporarily move the tranny back a smidge to get it to go in.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 17, I had the dealership order a new aluminum pan and oil pick up tube for the newer 18s.. they installed it no problems, just had to temporarily move the tranny back a smidge to get it to go in.

Was your pan leaking, and you just asked them to swap in a metal pan?
Or was this just a precautionary swap before the plastic one started to leak?

Charge for parts and/labor?

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drain plug was leaking at 15k, bought a new one and everything is dry 5k later. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wadeharvey10

Reaction score
Was your pan leaking, and you just asked them to swap in a metal pan?
Or was this just a precautionary swap before the plastic one started to leak?

Charge for parts and/labor?
My OEM pan started leaking at 5k. Dealership resealed it and it held up to about 8k miles. At 10k I had them install the metal pan, sadly it was out of my pocket.
Here is the work order
oidKrK6

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

My OEM pan started leaking at 5k. Dealership resealed it and it held up to about 8k miles. At 10k I had them install the metal pan, sadly it was out of my pocket.
Here is the work order
oidKrK6
http://imgur.com/gallery/oidKrK6
There's the workorder

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the work order
oidKrK6

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

http://imgur.com/gallery/oidKrK6
There's the workorder

That’s crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk