Oil pan leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was just changing my oil 7500 mi and was looking around with a flashlight, and noticed that the truck has what appears to be an oil pan leak. Nothing on the floor but it's very obvious. I saw something on you tube about it. Just wondering if anyone else here has had a similar issue. If so what has the dealer said about it. I change my oil every 2500 myself so this is the third oil change since new and the first sighting of the leak. Plan on addressing this at the 10000 mile service.

You are wasting your money changing the oil every 2500 miles. Synthetic oils are very good today. 7000 is when i do mine and have had it analyzed a few times and all is good.
The oil leak is sorta common (maybe 1 in 20 on 17's?) the dealer will pull off and reseal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are wasting your money changing the oil every 2500 miles. Synthetic oils are very good today. 7000 is when i do mine and have had it analyzed a few times and all is good.
The oil leak is sorta common (maybe 1 in 20 on 17's?) the dealer will pull off and reseal

Agree

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

data from my first oil change
aihjSSf.png

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My analysis said almost exactly the same things as @Toadster, right down to the ‘push to 7k next time’.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, your dealership should treat this factory defect as a way to get you a free oil change under warranty. I did not pay for this oil change and they have been instructed to always do full synthetic on my truck. A little surprise for the holidays!

QATARSUB

Reaction score
i have 17 and having the same issue unfortunately
they should of think for some thing to solve this problem I'm not going to drive my truck
and after each drive check if there is oil leak this is pain in the ASS

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
i have 17 and having the same issue unfortunately
they should of think for some thing to solve this problem I'm not going to drive my truck
and after each drive check if there is oil leak this is pain in the ASS

I’ve been considering procuring a spare pan and drain plugs. The latter are cheap and available but the pan can sometimes be a chore to get in stock. Then, you have to wait for them to install the daggone thing and for it to cure.

I haven’t noticed the leak but this appears to be a fairly common issue on the F150 across the platform.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did my second oil change, (10,000km or 6000miles).

Disappointed to say my pan is definitely leaking. The bolts have oil and the pan is wet.

I am considering leaving it until summer?? Do you think there is any risk to this?

Naaaa. No more risk than if you were bleeding continuously and decided to wait several months to see a doctor.

(Hint: Your truck's motor oil is its blood.)