Oil Consumption Issues with 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeRaptor18

Reaction score
Service manager is blowing smoke up you know where. I had a 2017 I had to bring in six times about every 5k miles over bad cam sensors, oil pressure, bad turbo etc. turned out after they traded me for a 2018 that they figured out it was losing oil due to the valve covers. My new 2018 with 5k acres up. Service manager told me they are putting new baffled valve covers. It will stop the oil from aspersions into the pcu unit of the turbo or something in those words. I think they are fixing them as they come in with out any recall.

Raptor3279

Reaction score
With 6,000 miles, the oil light came on. Upon checking it, I was down 2 quarts. Not a drop in my driveway though. I called the dealer and I am monitoring it.

Shogunn of Panama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting thread. I changed my oil about 2 weeks ago with roughly 3000 miles on the odometer. Only 4 quarts of old oil drained. I'll keep an eye on it but hoping it's the factory/dealership being cheap and not filling it up completely.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting thread. I changed my oil about 2 weeks ago with roughly 3000 miles on the odometer. Only 4 quarts of old oil drained. I'll keep an eye on it but hoping it's the factory/dealership being cheap and not filling it up completely.

Don't let it go. Get that to Ford service asap.

Snobrdr37

Reaction score

I took mine in. They said there was a SSM. They actually changed the valve cover and will monitor every 3,000 miles. I just checked my oil after about 500 miles and so far so good. Will continue to monitor.

Last edited:

JoeRaptor18

Reaction score
With 6,000 miles, the oil light came on. Upon checking it, I was down 2 quarts. Not a drop in my driveway though. I called the dealer and I am monitoring it.
You will feel when acceration is weak and oil pressure light starts turning red and making noise. New trucks even turbos should not burn quarts of oil in a few thousand mikesvv

Shogunn of Panama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how many owners are having this issues, everyone has excessive oil consumption, or just a few?

I'll add this. After reading this thread yesterday I went to check my oil stick again (which was good since oil change was only 200 miles ago), and out of curiosity checked some other fluids. My windshield wiper fluid was damn near empty and I've yet to use it since purchase. So I'm not sure if I'm one of the casualties of oil consumption, or Ford being cheap with fluid top offs.

Lucid Moment

Reaction score
I am sure the wiper fluid is an isolated incidence, couldn't imagine dealer not topping off, but then again you never know.