Oil Consumption Issues with 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How accurate is the digital oil level readout on the dash?
There's oil pressure, but not oil level on the dash. I manually check my oil every 1,000 miles or so. I haven't used any in 11,000 miles and 3 oil changes on my 2017 Raptor.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there’s an oil level on the dash computer above engine hour count

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ford is having problems with the plastic pan. It got so bad they switched to a metal pan in mid 2018.
Has anyone been able to get Ford to replace 2017 Raptor Plastic Oil Pan with new metal one? Does that give you a metal oil drain plug too? Is there a TSB?

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get Ford to replace 2017 Raptor Plastic Oil Pan with new metal one? Does that give you a metal oil drain plug too? Is there a TSB?

Ford will not put a metal pan on your truck that came with the plastic pan. It is also not a straightforward swap.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
I have seen a few postings regarding the 3.5s and issues with oil consumption. During my last oil change, with an interval of ~6000 miles, I was only able to drain 3.5qts of oil.
common ecoturd issue...they burn oil :flamingdevil:

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
common ecoturd issue...they burn oil :flamingdevil:

False. Of course there are isolated instances of oil use. Just like any other vehicle. Percentage wise it is actually lower than other vehicles. You hear more people venting. Only due to the number of 3.5s out there.

Sam