Oil Change Question for you guys with the Prerunner Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdci

Reaction score
Time for my first oil change with my new bumper. Not sure if I trust the dealer to keep up with the bolts and put lock tight on them after removing the skidplate. What's everyone else doing?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the stock bumper??

If so there is a small square access panel of the skid plate you can remove to change the oil filter without taking the whole skid plate off. If you know how to change your oil, I'd recommend doing it yourself. I like doing my own and knowing it's done right.

OP
OP
mrdci

mrdci

Reaction score
I have the Wicked prerunner bumper. I guess I'll trust them and check it after I get back home and do the loctite myself. Thanks for the inputs.

WickedPerformanceShop

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go to a nice garage you shouldn't have a problem. We didnt make a cut out because it would weaken the skid plate. I would always check after an oil change like mrdci said. Thats just me I go over my truck all the time to make sure things are lubed and covered in wd so I dont get any rust.