Oil change interval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As did I.... then found out I need to tell the guy at the counter it was with FULL synthetic. They have been using the mix.....
Yup, I make sure every time I go and hope for the best. I don't like visiting dealers any more than anyone else - I just prefer to have the paper-trail just in case it's ever needed.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
As did I.... then found out I need to tell the guy at the counter it was with FULL synthetic. They have been using the mix.....
I was wondering when someone was going to mention that. Slimey dealer service dept. will try to get away with it every time.

I have a sports car that came from the factory with synthetic, has a Mobil-1 oil cap on the engine, FROM THE FACTORY, yet the 2-3 times I took it in to stealership for my "free" oil change they tried to put standard in there. Even after I ALREADY told the service advisor when I pulled in there that it gets synthetic, came from the factory with synthetic, has a synthetic oil cap, etc. On one occasion they put regular in there, I caught it when the tech brought my car out of the bay and I asked him. I ripped the service advisor a new A-nus and MADE them do it again. :mad:

Just can't fix stupid or crooked. After that, I never went back, been doing it myself ever since. If you want something done right......

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bring my own oil and filter to the ford service guys to get around this. They charge me 32 bucks in labor and top off the windshield washer fluid, then of course lecture me on why i need 500 bucks worth of BS maintenance on a truck with 20K miles. I think its a good deal, free cup of coffee, pay for the labor with points.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
~5k OCI at the dealer's Express Lane works for me. Smaller dealership that has an excellent service dept...good cookies and coffee too! ~$55

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every 5k with the Ford Motorcraft Semi-Syn with 6oz of Pro-lube oil treatment. I only have 1 more free oilchange from Ford left and then will switching over to Valvoline Full syn.