Official R Delivered Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobrapilot69

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m not much of a computer guy I’m a car guy so this is my first post. My new raptor R showed up at my house today. I was very excited. I’ve been waiting for quite a while for the big day but unfortunately it showed up with $11,000 worth of damage ($16,000 if I decide to replace the front bumper and skid plate) that obviously occurred in shipping. So instead of this being a fun day, it’s been a full day on the phone dealing with the Ford dealership that I purchased it from ( John North Ford in Emporia Ks) and the trucking company (AE&E worldwide in Katy Tx). The Ford place I purchased it from over the phone set up the shipping and had it delivered to me. When the truck arrived this morning, it was very dirty. I looked the truck over mostly the body and the windows and didn’t see any scratches or dents. I signed the bill of laden. After the trucker left I went to put the paper tag on it when I noticed the scared and bent Tow hooks. I started looking underneath and discovered that both rear trailing arms were bent from having a chain, ran through them, the rear bumper had a chain across it and was dug into the metal, both rear tow hooks were scarred. Both front tow hooks were bent and scarred. The front bumper underneath was chewed up along with the skid plate, and the front lower A arms were dug in with chains. I took it directly to National Auto Body and collision and got a repair estimate. So far the Ford dealership says it’s not their problem and the trucking company is denying any responsibility (WTF???). I just spoke with my attorney and I sincerely hope that one or both of the companies involved will step up and take care of this but if not, I guess we’ll have to go to court, good times…… I am going to contact Ford motor company tomorrow and hope they will weigh in.

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpeg
    IMG_3150.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3148.jpeg
    IMG_3148.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3149.jpeg
    IMG_3149.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3153.jpeg
    IMG_3153.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 85

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your only chance is the shipping company and i think that ship has sailed. Have fun with your attorney or claim it on your insurance and have them go after whomever

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately you signed a document from the shipping company confirming you verified its condition upon delivery.. they have you by the nu*s. best bet is to file a claim on your insurance but keep in mind it will show on the car fax. also with the amount of damage they may total loss it ??

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could see the ins company checking exactly when you added insurance. if you added after delivery i could see them trying not to cover as well?! definitely not a total unless the ins company wants to go out of business

dealer prolly picked the cheapest shipper and i dont trust shippers. sounds like this might have been the drivers first delivery. reminds me when my neighbor sold an antique mint motorcycle and i happened to be there when the shipper arrived. desperate looking and in a rush, we helped him put in on the trailer and when we were walking away we heard a bing and then a bang. the strap he used was so frayed that when he was strapping it down it snapped. didnt fall off the trailer, but there was a decent amount of damage. kinda felt bad for the guy but a little more for the bike. sad day.

i recently suffered an inspection failure last year that i didnt figure out till later. I would either have picked it up or driven it back myself. not sure how i would have handled this. seems like a compete nightmare on a brand new R

Last edited:

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Yeah signing a legal document that it is in good condition without actually checking its condition is frowned upon