Official R Delivered Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think this truck driver cared about putting chains on tow hooks. i think the selling dealer has more to blame than i thought. nobody noticed or watched who or how an R was being loaded?! none of this sounds right. any transporter worth a dime straps around the wheels these days. why would he run chains around the front and rear arms if its chained to the front and rear hooks? so many more questions

this type of vehicle delivery should have been in an enclosed trailer. i wonder how much OP paid?

Last edited:

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but you GOTTA look over the entire car before signing. When my GT350 arrived the guy had it on the trailer and I did a walk around where I determined that the front splitter had been broken, it looks like the carrier just pulled it up on the trailer without any concern for the splitter. I had everything documented before he even pulled it off. Now, the shipper claimed it 'must have been that way'. My dealer was pretty quick to cover the cost and ordered me a new splitter. Overall, no one wants to take accountability for anything anymore.

Cobrapilot69

Reaction score
Yeah lesson learned on my part. I was so excited to get it, that it never occurred to me to carefully inspect the undercarriage. I’m not getting my insurance involved. I turned this all over to my attorney this morning for him to start legal proceedings. It sucks but when people don’t want to do what’s right you are only left with forced contrition.

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so bummed for you - so frustrating especially after anxiously waiting for your truck and then what is suppose to be a happy and fun event turns into this - ug

Another thought on the responsibility side, I'm not an attorney but since the dealer set up the transport for you (don't know if you paid directly or the dealer paid the transport company) they have liability. They need to step up and get the truck repaired for you and also they should go after the transport company. Even though you signed for it a reasonable person would know that you didn't do all that damage the same day it was delivered. Just my 2 cents.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience is that most dealers will not accept any responsibility for damage after delivery. I picked up a brand new Urus S this summer. After detail it was placed outside for my pickup but right before I arrived it started raining so inspection was limited. When I got home in the garage I noted a chip in one of the hood carbon fiber parts (this is not in a location that could get a rock chip). It was clear someone dropped something on the car. The car had 30 miles on it. The dealer really pushed back when I asked to have it replaced saying I didn’t call it out on delivery (in the rain). After a discussion with the GM they took care of it but I’m local and it was probably less than $1000 in a $350k SUV. With a far away dealer and 10s k$ of damage I’d bet no way they will step up!?! Again I think your best bet is to have insurance handle it and they will go after the shipping company.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont trust ford order tracking.......3/18 build with no shipping info. Called Ford Performance and they told me ETA 4/23-4/29 from everything they could see.

Truck showed up at the NJ dealer yesterday, than ford order tracking was updated???????

craptorr

Reaction score
After an 18month wait it’s here, it’s finally here.
The power is comical, lol
Color has a lot of personality, it can look almost black in the shade to bright metallic blue in the sun. (I had a 23 Azure Gray on order with allocation, but no showed)
I have a fully build Gen3 on 38’s so now I have to pick one and sell one..
FYI it’s a “No Options Build” but it still has the power tailgate, so I guess the sunroof is the only real option left..

Attachments

• IMG_7709.jpeg
    IMG_7709.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8470.jpeg
    IMG_8470.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7705.jpeg
    IMG_7705.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reaction score
Color has a lot of personality, it can look almost black in the shade to bright metallic blue in the sun. (I had a 23 Azure Gray on order with allocation, but no showed)
FYI it’s a “No Options Build” but it still has the power tailgate, so I guess the sunroof is the only real option left..
Nice to see a different color! I was behind a 37' yesterday and purposely drove alongside for a while and when the sun hits that color it really shows a nice deep blue. Good choice! Enjoy the 720HP!

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, well, well....I was previously told my delay was due to missing 3 shipping pickups so dealer escalated and was able to get shipping company changed yesterday. However, was just told that there is another QC hold on shipping all R. Dealer read me the note and something mechanical related to similar issues with 2023. Said some R's made it into the wild (whch we know), but stopped shipping any more. So mine is on QC hold again. Per dealer he can see via Vinview that only 15 miles on R as of today so at least not joy riding it to Starbucks. :rolleyes: Now don't slam me if see more R's being shipped.....just passing along what I was told today in case others see new holds....just no telling what the "real" story is with all the holds.

Last edited:

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's a great build. NO sunroof. Nice you can get the power tailgate without the sunroof. Had to in the MY 23.
Sam