Official R Delivered Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poorsam

Reaction score
MORaptor1 has it correct. When the new owner takes the vehicle to have it titled and registered, they have to pay tax on the purchase price. Why would someone pay taxes on $112k twice?

Before you start throwing shade on how people here are "not the brightest bunch," should take a look in the mirror. You are asking dealership prices +ADM on a used truck.
Just checked and doubled checked. A private party car sale does not have to pay sales tax in my state at least.

I’m really not asking for that. I’m saying someone can pay $145k which does not include sales tax. It is saving them at least the tax on a new purchase that could be up to $13k. And if you can find one for $145k that’s a steal. Post it when you do.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha no worries. Nice of you to not even cover sales tax lol
Now that’s funny right there. I have never heard in my 30 years of purchasing cars, a person expecting to recoup their sales tax from the new purchase when they sell it used.

I will wait for the snarky belittling comeback……

Last edited:

poorsam

Reaction score
Now that’s funny right there. I have never heard in my 30 years of purchasing cars, a person expecting to recoup their sales tax from the new purchase when they sell it used.

I will wait for the snarky belittling comeback……
I think you are missing the point. No arguments wanted. See my previous explanation.