Official Payload Increase Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportman

Reaction score
First, I know nothing about the National Springs specs. How do the load ratings compare between them, stock and the HD set?

Second, what kind of a towing increase over the stock 6k or 8k towing capacity, could we expect using the 4" bump stops?

Yah this is my point is 4" bump will allowed me to tow 10 to 11k lb ,,,,????? What about the sag? No sag less sag??? I hope I will find satisfactory answer :005:

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yah this is my point is 4" bump will allowed me to tow 10 to 11k lb ,,,,????? What about the sag? No sag less sag??? I hope I will find satisfactory answer :005:

Depends on heavy the tongue weight is. When we loaded up the 2600 pounds it was about 3" lower in the rear.

This picture is of 13 tires in the bed and you can see how little the sag is. Total weight in this picture is about 1300lbs.
DSC_0202.jpg
Note, this trucks front was adjusted way higher than normal. We were playing with front pre-load settings.

The purpose of the 4" bump is for the big heavy loads. Your 10K pound trailer will not sag the rear beyond what is expected. It is suspension, so it will drop a little, but the whole point behind us doing this is to get rid of the sag with the heavy loads.

Also,

The HD's will allow for the same payload as factory spring. Keep in mind they are a progressive rate spring pack. The progression rates of both the Standard Duty and the HD are the same, it's the initial load rating of the HD that is different. With the HD, you need to add about 500pounds of weight to get the top two main leafs into the same progression as the standard duty.

I want to emphasize the HD spring was designed to be a performance spring. The whole concept was to build a spring for someone like E63 who goes fast in the dirt with lots of weight in the bed. The HD was not designed to turn your Raptor into an F-250.

This is why we have the 4"n bump setup. It will allow all 3 spring packages, Std,HD and Stock to carry a big payload without sagging and bottoming out.

I want to emphasize, it is only to be used for heavy work loads. For everything else, use the normal 2.5" travel bump.

I hope this all makes sense. If not, let me know.

Jarrett

Last edited:

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this all makes sense. If not, let me know.

Obviously this can be a benefit to towing, this much I understand... but whoever shows up in Reno on the 4th, better be prepared to be constantly nagged by me trying to get more info on this. I'm such a noob to towing and all things that entails.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This will work out great for me once I get the right trailer. Being able to throw my camping gear, tools, and spare parts in the bed and tow the H3 behind will be awesome. Between the 3 and the trailer I was already pushing 8k, so this will just help make it that much more comfortable with an extra couple hundred pounds of gear.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Obviously this can be a benefit to towing, this much I understand... but whoever shows up in Reno on the 4th, better be prepared to be constantly nagged by me trying to get more info on this. I'm such a noob to towing and all things that entails.

Corey will be there to answer all tech questions. I on the other hand will just be smiling and nodding my head like I'm listening to what he is saying, when I'm actually not.

Cant wait to meet ya.

You will no longer be a noob when we are done with ya.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
That only sounds mildly creepy... :shocked::ROFLJest:

Oh don't worry it will be fine !

I want to bring attention to the fact that the Raptor is a F 150
Why do I bring this up ? Axle load ! Not sure what actual load would be before you bend an axle but with all the jumping and "G out" going on I have not heard or read about an axle failing. Overloading the truck can cause extra stress on axle and remember braking. While towing a stiffer ride is preferred to keep the tow vehicle in control, while off roading a softer long travel is preferred. This option of Great off roadability and then changing air bumps for great towability is Very Impressive ! I expect nothing less from the RPG team.

1/2 ton truck = 1000 lbs (payload) Raptor stock is about 800 - 900 lbs max (check owners manual)
Most "bumper type" trailers max tongue weight should not be over 1000 lbs, more like 500 - 800 lbs or so - I know it gets complicated.
Towing capacity should not exceed your braking capacity. Meaning if you have 411 hp you would think you could tow 20,000 lbs.
Keep in mind you have to get that mass slowed or stopped really quick in a panic stop situation.
So why am I rambling on..... Well I drive over 100,000 miles a year hauling up to 80,000 Lbs I see vacations ended because of the unability of vehicles being able to stop QUICK ! I care, safety is important to me.

sportman

Reaction score

Thanks you all for your answers now where I can purchase it and best place to fix it I am visiting Colorado Dever in regular basis and my Raptor will be purchased from the same place shipped to dubai after vacation

Last edited:

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about stage 2 just substituting the the 2" for the 4" inch travel bumps,can I do that?