Official 2023 Raptor R Order Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did all of your “ Ford Trackers” update after the truck arrived at your dealer?

greg348

Reaction score
Yeah they will continue to push that date every week. That date means nothing until it’s actually gate released. Mine was built 1-12 and is still on hold waiting for micro chip. Running a Ford dealership I have access to a little more info and what I have seen is on regular Raptors that go on hold see movement 2 1/2 months after build date. I am about to fall into that so soon I will see. Will let you know you are 20 days after me.

Tylander

Reaction score

Ford’s response to the R production delays:

As part of our quality process, all trucks are inspected to ensure they meet the quality standards our customers expect. We are building Raptor Rs in May as part of our normal production schedule. We are doing all we can to meet the demand for the truck and get them to customers as soon as we can.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ford’s response to the R production delays:

As part of our quality process, all trucks are inspected to ensure they meet the quality standards our customers expect. We are building Raptor Rs in May as part of our normal production schedule. We are doing all we can to meet the demand for the truck and get them to customers as soon as we can.
That is well known as a flat out lie!
Or very misleading at the best.
Pretty obvious to all, there was a absolute HOLD on all Raptor R's. Early march is the last new R's were being built then all put on hold. That statement about building R's in may is total false. Maybe trying to repair and replace engines on those already built but surely not a single new R build since Early March.

Total mess trying to repair all the trucks already built but need engines replaced before they will show built.
All replacement engines will have a suffix after the vin to show engine was replaced. (got that straight from a engineer)
There were R's scheduled to be built in April, May and June but were all pulled back. They even pulled back the update date on tracker.

Mine was showing April then May then tracker was backtracked to show last update of 3/29 with no scheduled build date but hidden within it still shows 6/19 as build week.
The earliest NEW build I am aware of is for Week of June 5th.

Very slowly the already built R's are being repaired then will show built.
F-P and fomoco should be tared n feathered over this stunt trying to hide the facts of what really happened.

Will I take delivery of my R? Absolutely, after waiting this long will continue to wait but not knowing kinda stinks.
Assuming the next shown update will be the week of May 29th a full 2 months from last update.
Lets hope they have all the proper parts and engines avail for those builds starting week of June 5.

My dealer has been fantastic but fomoco has been horrid.

In the meantime my new F250 6.7 HO reg cab 4x4 was ordered on 4/11 had vin on 4/13 scheduled for build 4/29 and showed built 5/1 then it sat a couple weeks but now shows shipped as of 5/14
So from ordered to built to shipped in a few days over a month.
Current delivery shows 6/1-6/14

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so they will have a suffix after the vin# on the engine block itself or only on the window sticker vin#?

That is well known as a flat out lie!
Or very misleading at the best.
Pretty obvious to all, there was an absolute HOLD on all Raptor R's. Early march is the last new R's were being built then all put on hold. That statement about building R's in may is total false. Maybe trying to repair and replace engines on those already built but surely not a single new R build since Early March.
so they will have a suffix after the vin# stamped on the engine block or on the window sticker vin#?
Total mess trying to repair all the trucks already built but need engines replaced before they will show built.
All replacement engines will have a suffix after the vin to show engine was replaced. (got that straight from a engineer)
There were R's scheduled to be built in April, May and June but were all pulled back. They even pulled back the update date on tracker.

Mine was showing April then May then tracker was backtracked to show last update of 3/29 with no scheduled build date but hidden within it still shows 6/19 as build week.
The earliest NEW build I am aware of is for Week of June 5th.

Very slowly the already built R's are being repaired then will show built.
F-P and fomoco should be tared n feathered over this stunt trying to hide the facts of what really happened.

Will I take delivery of my R? Absolutely, after waiting this long will continue to wait but not knowing kinda stinks.
Assuming the next shown update will be the week of May 29th a full 2 months from last update.
Lets hope they have all the proper parts and engines avail for those builds starting week of June 5.

My dealer has been fantastic but fomoco has been horrid.

In the meantime my new F250 6.7 HO reg cab 4x4 was ordered on 4/11 had vin on 4/13 scheduled for build 4/29 and showed built 5/1 then it sat a couple weeks but now shows shipped as of 5/14
So from ordered to built to shipped in a few days over a month.
Current delivery shows 6/1-6/14

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so they will have a suffix after the vin# on the engine block itself or only on the window sticker vin#?
On the replacement engine. New engine will get the truck VIN with a suffix after. It will not show anywhere else on truck.
Laser etched VIN looks like a bunch of dots. Unsure if the engines removed with have vins removed from engine or not.
My guess is they will ofter crate engines with those removed once repaired. Not real clear the exact issue with the crankshafts if it will be sleeved, cranks replaced. Best would be to just replace crankshafts.

wyomingraptor

Reaction score
But but but ......the story I hear is a microchip hold since
Jan 18th 2023. Last word I heard was somethings up on
May 20th. I owned and managed an auto repair shop for thirty years. Always come clean and be truthful. Most
People respect that. No one respects a liar.

Look at the corvette C8 debacle. Don’t get me wrong I really like them. My wife really likes them. She is due for a new toy. I hope all manufactures can learn from that.

Finish building the truck correctly. Get paid and everyone is down the road happy.