off roading aftermath...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i took the raptor out to the dunes near nellis afb today and boy was it fun .. only things is the mud flaps in the wheel wells on the front end came loose ... and were laying on the tires ... that and the wire harnesses that attach to them got pulled off ...

and for some reason now the truck apps page dosent show the direction and angle of the front wheels anymore ...they just stay straight ...

i know i knocked the allinement out of place tho the orange stripe was perfectly center when i took it out now its like 2-3 inches truned to the left ...

alot of other smalll stuff is tweaked too lol left rear bumpstop a tad and the front right of the bumper is allttile ... and the skid plate is bent in lol

but all in all it was fun ... have to go to the dealer tommorow to get some stuff from them so hopefully they can hook the wire bundles and mudflaps back up for me and do a quick allinement... ill try to get the pics up and the video of the fun i had up here tonight or tommorow...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Cool - lookin forward to seeing the vids of you out there playing.
I'm heading to Reno in 3 weeks, and look forward to exploring the trails there in Moon Rock.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Apex? really? there are so many better places in vegas. Out at primm, corn creek and mormon well rd. out in the sheep mountains, cold creek rd. These are like raptor paradise. amargosa is 90 mins away. Moab would have been a better place than apex. All the stories from friends literally snapping front tires clean off the truck.
This is me out in corn creek.YouTube - raptor sheep mountains

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i may be stationed here ... but truthfully i have no idea where any good stuff for off roading is ... ill have to look into some of the places you mentioned .. the one i do know of is MOAB alot of friends have plans togo up there for the river and they have off road stuff too so i was gonna go with them ...

only place i know of to do just high speeds in at Jeans dry lake but its really only big enough to start from a stop and hit the limiter at 100 then step on the brakes...

otherwise i live right on lake mead blvd on sunrise mountian southeast of the base so there is a set of legal trails out toward the rec area and i go on those and explore almost every night lol no one there to dustout or hit at night plus its more fun at night...

anyway here is the pics from apex for just the damages done lol the videos i have to get from my friends then figure out how to post or upload to youtube...

Attachments

• SN200351.jpg
    SN200351.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 208
  • SN200352.jpg
    SN200352.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 2011-03-13_19-11-50_521.jpg
    2011-03-13_19-11-50_521.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 2011-03-13_19-12-19_696.jpg
    2011-03-13_19-12-19_696.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 200

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well i may be stationed here ... but truthfully i have no idea where any good stuff for off roading is ... ill have to look into some of the places you mentioned .. the one i do know of is MOAB alot of friends have plans togo up there for the river and they have off road stuff too so i was gonna go with them ...

only place i know of to do just high speeds in at Jeans dry lake but its really only big enough to start from a stop and hit the limiter at 100 then step on the brakes...

otherwise i live right on lake mead blvd on sunrise mountian southeast of the base so there is a set of legal trails out toward the rec area and i go on those and explore almost every night lol no one there to dustout or hit at night plus its more fun at night...

anyway here is the pics from apex for just the damages done lol the videos i have to get from my friends then figure out how to post or upload to youtube...

There is alot of good stuff between Vegas and Laughlin. Also use to go as far west as you can on Cheyenne and go out there to shoot shit.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey whtrapta or BO you both have jumped your trucks right but neither of you have had isses with the front wheel well covers pulling out have you ? or anyone else for that matter ?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, that looks like it was a good time! I've scrubbed the front fender liners with my tires jumping, but never completely pushed them out of place. I know its been done before though. I bet you have some pretty good video.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Nope, Done probably 40 something jumps and never had an issue with anything. Thats all part of Apex really though. You chances of going there and not braking something is so minimal. Plus its so rough there, if you had fun there you would die at these other places. Corn creek and mormon wells is really close, 215 west to 95, then north on 95 probably 10 miles and you will be at the turn off.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have some good video of it but my friends have yet to give me a copy of my insanity lol ill have to try up at corn creek and mormon wells and sheep mountian is right beyond jeans dry lake right ? if so ive taken a few trails through there before ...

either way the dealer is putting it all back together for free so i really dont care ... apex is fun but its really not the kind of stuff to do what i did jump wise there its fun for the sand dunes but not much else

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey whtrapta or BO you both have jumped your trucks right but neither of you have had isses with the front wheel well covers pulling out have you ? or anyone else for that matter ?

I tore my front passenger side wheel well liner out landing a jump the first time I took my truck trail running after I installed my (slightly larger) General Grabbers.